The Almighty Hibernian FC’s European Tour 2021/22

Les Cabbage

10 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Aye really tidy.

I love how much Gogic tries to be a box to box midfielder when he's in a flat 4 type formation. Big jimmy Scott vibes in the box

Was dead unlucky with his header off the post. 

On another night (decent ref) we would have been about 4 or 5 to the good.

Don't think it matters in the tie, the only concern in the second leg is how much damage those Sunday league cloggers will do.

10 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Most definitely. They came to kick us as often as possible and it kind of worked with us going down to ten, issue was they had absolutely no quality to make the most of it. 

0 shots on goal backs this up. I fear they will come out in the second leg, knowing the tie is beyond them now and just look to take as many of our players out as they can

10 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Was dead unlucky with his header off the post. 

On another night (decent ref) we would have been about 4 or 5 to the good.

Don't think it matters in the tie, the only concern in the second leg is how much damage those Sunday league cloggers will do.

Aye, a lot to be said for defensive midfielders who are bigger and less technically able learning to make good runs into the box rather than trying to get involved on the edge of the box. Gogic looks pretty good at it when he has the chance to imo.

Just reminded myself of Jimmy Scott and remembering my lowest point as a Hibs fan early 2011/2012 trying to convince myself a midfield of 

Sproule Palson Thornhill Scott 

Might not be that bad really?

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I'd just pass the ball about your defence for 90 mins hoping nobody gets their leg broken tbh.

I wouldn't play any key players for exactly that reason.

It was the most horrible brand of football I have ever seen (since we last played Falkirk, of course).

Just now, Leith Green said:

I wouldn't play any key players for exactly that reason.

It was the most horrible brand of football I have ever seen (since we last played Falkirk, of course).

My pal was sending me some tweets of the decisions. The classic funny/not funny scenario.

Why was the Famous Five stand not in use for this game? Seems absolutely bonkers not to allow Hibs the chance to use it. Maybe they need to use a different shaped ball to get more people into the ground :rolleyes:

How good was it being back at Easter Road by the way?

I honestly was grinning for the first few minutes of the game I was just so happy to be back.

The game was absolutely bizarre, solid start, goal, bizarre red card and then the game descending into a cage match. I don’t say this lightly but it’s one of the worst referees I’ve ever seen too.

Other than that period after the goal we were solid, I reckon they were about low League 1/League 2 level. 

I suspect we’ll go over there and score a few and win comfortably before succumbing to Rijeka who tbh will be too good for us.

Be nice if we can get Mueller in before then though.

Edited by Les Cabbage

16 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

See .net hasn’t changed much then :lol: I bought a single ticket for the game as that’s all I could get in the first batch and ended up with some old boy in the seat right next to me. Wasn’t arsed in the slightest.

Now, as for that referee on the other hand…oooooft