Forfar vs East Fife

Guest bernardblack
1 minute ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Deary me Allan scores and still gets hooked off for Doris

I don’t get it at all?

Good win that. We should have been 2-0 at least by half time with Kev's sitter and the decent McCallum stop from the header. Forfar battered us the opening 15 of the second half and we looked all over the place but took control again. Could barely see the goal we scored if I'm honest, I really don't like the Pixellot offering but hopefully we won't have to suffer watching the fitba from the living room much longer. 

Thought Higgins slotted in well at left back, he's never going to offer much going forward but defensively he's strong and we've been really lacking there the past few matches. Agnew has had a poor season and I felt that continued this afternoon, I know he's there to play the low % passes and try open teams up but absolutely nothing seems to be coming off for him at the moment. Difficult to pick up many other individual performances from the sofa. 

Finally, why on earth after so many games are we waiting until the 90th minute to make our second substitution? The players have put in an absolutely massive shift for the past two weeks a few of them looked spent by about 70 minutes. So weird, we've got a big squad and we're not afraid to use it when rotating, we need to use it just as much in-game. I don't think its particularly good game management to be doing that so late. 

Far too many players had an off day today, defensively we were all over the shop, midfield struggled to get a foot on the ball and apart from a lively Allen and Doris we had nothing to offer, I would keep 5 players out of the entire squad. What a struggle next Friday is going to be just to keep the score respectable.

1 hour ago, speedframe said:

Looked a bit more attacking intention today but we are a poor side, goals conceded too easy and spark missing up front.

Centre midfield has been a big issue all season (along with many others). Mackintosh gets waved through week after week but he's nowhere near good enough and i've yet to see Moore do anything since he's come in.

39 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Far too many players had an off day today, defensively we were all over the shop, midfield struggled to get a foot on the ball and apart from a lively Allen and Doris we had nothing to offer, I would keep 5 players out of the entire squad. What a struggle next Friday is going to be just to keep the score respectable.

Your avatar has had a permanent off day.

1 hour ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Centre midfield has been a big issue all season (along with many others). Mackintosh gets waved through week after week but he's nowhere near good enough and i've yet to see Moore do anything since he's come in.

Yeah, would agree I think that despite our defence it is the midfield that is the real problem, they don’t tackle, pass or shoot and the two wide men are just passengers. 

Murray plays away in a variety of positions but really he’s not what we need in there, Moore is like most loanees in that he looks permanently out of his depth, Scally shows glimpses but doesn’t take anyone on and Anderson is just there. Nothing much on the bench that improves on that either.