Quiz about Scottish Premiership split

I have no idea why the quiz is called "19 years of the Scottish Premiership split" when literally the first question points out that it was introduced 20 years ago.

Even if you account for it not happening last season, this is still the 20th season where it has.

15 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

0/10 if I could be bothered doing it....however the only pertinent question regarding 'the split' is why  ?  No one has ever answered that one correctly.

The split is excellent, works really well

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

I have no idea why the quiz is called "19 years of the Scottish Premiership split" when literally the first question points out that it was introduced 20 years ago.

Even if you account for it not happening last season, this is still the 20th season where it has.

So 19 full seasons (years) of it?

33 minutes ago, ropy said:

The split is excellent, works really well

Works really well doing what exactly ? I realise it's probably only me but I can't see in what way Scottish football has improved since the splits inception.  Or for that matter since the introduction of  smaller leagues and playing each other four times a season.

5 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

Works really well doing what exactly ? I realise it's probably only me but I can't see in what way Scottish football has improved since the splits inception.  Or for that matter since the introduction of  smaller leagues and playing each other four times a season.

I am making no grand claims for the split improving Scottish football but it intensifies the excitement at the end of the season, it essentially creates a five game play off for positions at the top and the bottom.  These games are more relevant to final places because they are against the teams that are competing with each other.

There can be examples when everything is decided before hand in which case the run in would be dull whatever the format was.

7 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

It would be a big ask of any league structure to improve the game. The league structure can affect the entertainment levels provided by a given standard though, and the split does that well.