Cowdenbeath v Elgin City

What’s everybody’s thinking on this one or are we just fed up with Scottish football? I refer to the SPFL board announcing they are reviewing the length of the season and the play offs! Makes you wonder why we bother. Anyway that’s another discussion.

The game itself might be very important for Cowdenbeath and I would expect them to be well up for the game.  Elgin will start as favourites given recent form but it’s the type of game we frequently come a cropper in. If we take the right attitude in and match the Cowdenbeath work rate we should do ok. Anything less and we will come a cropper.

Hopefully we can make it 4 wins out of 4 after a pretty slow restart. There doesn’t seem to be any link on the Cowdenbeath website to buy the game (that I can find at least) which I find a little bizarre the night before kick off. Bluebraziltv.co.uk is where you can buy the stream. Any win would be great but Cowdenbeath should be throwing everything at these last few games to get a little gap from Brechin so could be a hard fought 3 points. 1-2 City.

33 minutes ago, Briggsy's Ghost said:

Hopefully we can make it 4 wins out of 4 after a pretty slow restart. There doesn’t seem to be any link on the Cowdenbeath website to buy the game (that I can find at least) which I find a little bizarre the night before kick off. Bluebraziltv.co.uk is where you can buy the stream. Any win would be great but Cowdenbeath should be throwing everything at these last few games to get a little gap from Brechin so could be a hard fought 3 points. 1-2 City.

There is usually a link on the Cowden website to purchase the stream but it is missing at the moment. As you said just go bluebraziltv.co.uk and the option to purchase is there, Having unfortunately bought our last 2 home games I’m going to buy a bottle of red wine and a large packet of dry roasted instead. 

9 hours ago, Only coo in the village said:

There is usually a link on the Cowden website to purchase the stream but it is missing at the moment. As you said just go bluebraziltv.co.uk and the option to purchase is there, Having unfortunately bought our last 2 home games I’m going to buy a bottle of red wine and a large packet of dry roasted instead. 

Keep the wine for afterwards.

15 hours ago, Briggsy's Ghost said:

We should be throwing everything at these remaining games, but we are doing the opposite. We should be treating every remaining game like it is a one of play-off final. The pressure will only get worse if we don't start picking up points.

Well done to the team today. Huge 3 points. Good to see Renton score a header. Bit of an unusual one, but they all count. Good play by him.

We should be using Renton's height more and aim corners and free kicks in his direction. He wins crucial defensive headers, but we don't seem to use his height in the opposition box.

18 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

What’s everybody’s thinking on this one or are we just fed up with Scottish football? I refer to the SPFL board announcing they are reviewing the length of the season and the play offs! Makes you wonder why we bother. Anyway that’s another discussion.

The game itself might be very important for Cowdenbeath and I would expect them to be well up for the game.  Elgin will start as favourites given recent form but it’s the type of game we frequently come a cropper in. If we take the right attitude in and match the Cowdenbeath work rate we should do ok. Anything less and we will come a cropper.

Much better application shown by the players today in what is a much needed and deserved victory. I'm sick fed up seeing players punt the ball aimlessly when they have time and space say on the edge of our box for example - so it's refreshing to see Kyle Hutton come in and not waste the ball. There really is no need to panic as much as we do generally.

Hutton rightly MOTM, but no failures throughout the side today although Ryan Finnie doesn't do it for me atall, just not a very good football player. Swann is the one player capable of a bit of magic and nearly scored probably what would have been goal of the season but for poor finishing. Enjoyed seeing him play further up the park.