Cove Vs Sons

34 minutes ago, super-son said:

What a pass by Wedderburn there. That should have been finished.

Lovely touch from him to control it, too. Our one bit of quality today.

Jones' free header in the box at the end 😅😂

Edited by FifeSons

A craven apology of a performance from us - again.  The scoreline suggests a close contest but that masks reality, and whilst a point would have been welcome a draw would have been a travesty as only one team played to win.  Like BBPF I'm getting beyond agitation and if relegation is the price to pay for Jim Duffy and his grim brand of football to exit the building then it might be worth paying, as it is awful, just awful to watch. 

I stood with Jim and watched the goal back from the Goal Cam and it isn't over the line. To be honest it's not even particularly close.

I'm not saying we deserved anything from the game. But that decision could be the difference between us and safety at the end of the season. 

8 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I stood with Jim and watched the goal back from the Goal Cam and it isn't over the line. To be honest it's not even particularly close.

I'm not saying we deserved anything from the game. But that decision could be the difference between us and safety at the end of the season. 

Well that's annoying but I'm a great believer that the rough and the smooth generally even themselves out over the course of a season, even a shortened one.  And if we go down by one point then we might come to regret inviting the opposition on to us on a game-by-game basis.

21 minutes ago, GordyBrow said:

I’m even more annoyed by the Cove bench insisting that it was a mile over than I was during the game now.

I think that may actually have been Cove board members in the stand. I remember them shouting like lunatics when we played them at home and someone confirmed to me it was Cove officials.

Just seen the footage for the Cove ‘goal’ over on twitter. 

It’s an absolute shocker, less than a third of the ball is over the line when it’s hooked away.

Not that it makes too much difference - we’re an absolute gang and probably didn’t deserve anything from the game.

16 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

That’s an absolutely woeful decision.

78980B1B-7B7B-4FC4-9A58-472DECE2505E.thumb.png.6af2286365ecc9d9c67831c025ac7c00.png

Well that's nowhere near over the line. Huge bit of luck for us there. We didn't have many other chances so fortunate to get 3 points.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

48 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

A craven apology of a performance from us - again.  The scoreline suggests a close contest but that masks reality, and whilst a point would have been welcome a draw would have been a travesty as only one team played to win.  Like BBPF I'm getting beyond agitation and if relegation is the price to pay for Jim Duffy and his grim brand of football to exit the building then it might be worth paying, as it is awful, just awful to watch. 

It won’t take relegation for Duffy to exit the building. He’ll be away in the summer along with the vast majority of the squad.

I'll probably rant about the game later. But I really can't speak highly enough of Cove as a club.

Everyone was so friendly, things were well organised and the stadium is really decent for a new build. Shame it's in an industrial estate, but what can you do. 

8 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Unless he’s offered a new deal...

Not a chance he’ll be offered a new deal. Even if he was, with his recent health issues and commitments in the media I doubt he’d be interested.

3 minutes ago, Turnberry Fields Forever said:

In a joint announcement about season tickets.

As in “We’re delighted to announce Jim has signed a new 1-year deal and subsequently don’t expect to sell any season tickets”?

Full clear out in the summer and build from scratch is the only option, regardless of what division we’re in.