Cove Vs Sons

We now have fairly adequate rest for the next game, so Duffy needs to get his team right and beat Clyde. Anything other than a win on Thursday and we're down. 

Another embarrassing day in front of goal and Duffy didn't make a change until the 70th minute. Cove were the better side and deserved their win but they were there to be got at and we didn't trouble them until the 85th minute. Just not good enough, being a bit braver and going for 3 points could've taken us into Thursday ahead of Clyde. We're supposed to be fighting for our life in the division and we put one shot on goal? 

Ends 1-0.

As a Cove fan I can't say I'm enthralled by that level of performance. No real desire to play quick passing football, or  movement or creativity to cause the defence any severe problems. Could have easily been points dropped.

Sons are so good defensively and their goals against record backs that up but they need that injection of quality going forward. Hard to watch if you're a Sons fan.

Will be watching you against Clyde on Thursday!

Edited by CoveRangers1922

One of the worst refereeing performances I've seen this season. Guy couldn't keep the whistle out of his mouth, really disrupted the game.

Poor from sons again. Little signs of life and we look half decent in flashes but the persistance to play hoofball is killing us. 

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

We now have fairly adequate rest for the next game, so Duffy needs to get his team right and beat Clyde. Anything other than a win on Thursday and we're down. 

Another embarrassing day in front of goal and Duffy didn't make a change until the 70th minute. Cove were the better side and deserved their win but they were there to be got at and we didn't trouble them until the 85th minute. Just not good enough, being a bit braver and going for 3 points could've taken us into Thursday ahead of Clyde. We're supposed to be fighting for our life in the division and we put one shot on goal? 

We definitely looked beatable today and as you and @FifeSons say should have taken the chance to make it 1-1. Who had the shot was it Frizzell? The only start attacking when you go 1-0 down must be massively frustrating.

2 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

We definitely looked beatable today and as you and @FifeSons say should have taken the chance to make it 1-1. Who had the shot was it Frizzell? The only start attacking when you go 1-0 down must be massively frustrating.

Think it was Duthie which is why he cut back onto his right foot, I reckon if it was Frizzell he might have scored with his left, hitting the shot on the run rather than cutting back. Still, one chance in the last 5 minutes isn't good enough. 

Was impressed with Yule today and thought McAllister looked sharper and hungrier than I've seen him in a while. Big lad at centre half absolutely strolled it as well, he looks like he could step up a level no problem.

I’ve got to the stage I’m not arsed in the slightest. When the goal went in I wasn’t arsed, when the final whistle went I wasn’t arsed. The outcome is what I expected, the absolutely pathetic performance is what I expected, the lack of anything whatsoever in the final third is what I expected. 

The board really need to be held accountable for allowing this to continue. John Steele has gone awfully quiet after hounding us with pointless speech after pointless  speech before every home game. Grow a set of baws and either address the fans or sack this dinosaur of a gaffer.

7 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’ve got to the stage I’m not arsed in the slightest. When the goal went in I wasn’t arsed, when the final whistle went I wasn’t arsed. The outcome is what I expected, the absolutely pathetic performance is what I expected, the lack of anything whatsoever in the final third is what I expected. 

I still find it absolutely infuriating to watch, rather than apathy just yet. Jones has me tearing my hair out with every touch and watching us just aimlessly hoof long balls when a simple pass is on has me wanting to throw the laptop out the window.

7 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The board really need to be held accountable for allowing this to continue. John Steele has gone awfully quiet after hounding us with pointless speech after pointless  speech before every home game. Grow a set of baws and either address the fans or sack this dinosaur of a gaffer.

Agreed. Feels like we're just sleepwalking towards the Lowland League at this point.

Edited by FifeSons

Normal service resumed. Felt we really had to change things as soon as the goal went in as we clearly weren't getting anywhere near the Cove 3rd of the pitch with the team on the park before that. Duffy can be relieved that fans aren't at games just now because he would be getting a pretty hard time of it right now, and rightly so.

We don't have great quality or consistency in the final 3rd but it is quite obvious when we need to roll the dice a bit and he takes far too long to change things. Albeit I don't think it would've made much difference - but we need to try something!

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Think it was Duthie which is why he cut back onto his right foot, I reckon if it was Frizzell he might have scored with his left, hitting the shot on the run rather than cutting back. Still, one chance in the last 5 minutes isn't good enough. 

Was impressed with Yule today and thought McAllister looked sharper and hungrier than I've seen him in a while. Big lad at centre half absolutely strolled it as well, he looks like he could step up a level no problem.

Ah that explains it. Frizzell in on goal against EF showed nestled in firmly in the back of the nett and suspect he would have done similar today too.

Blair Yule, ex Arbroath, is a fine midfielder who is equally as good defensively and offensively. Always a standout for us. 

Ross Graham is only 20 and sadly just on loan. Likewise think he will play higher level next season