Cove Vs Sons

18 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

How did they actually decide who the Highland League champions were? Surely Brora weren’t handed it after just 3 league fixtures? I’m assuming this season was null and void and Brora are potentially going into the playoff based on last seasons table?

They were awarded the title after playing only 3 games and some teams hadn't played any! There was controversy around this clearly but the HL felt they needed to declare a champion. 

I see Omar, PJ Crossan, Brindley and Wilson start for the Sons. Is that a 4-5-1 or 5-4-1?

No Carswell or Wedderburn in centre mid which is interesting.

Frizzell after scoring starts on the bench as does Rob Jones and James Wallace who looked lively against EF.

Layne misses another game!

Edited by CoveRangers1922

I think we will stick with 433 but it's anyone's guess who will Duffy has picked as the second winger. Could be Brindley, McAllister or Omar knowing Duffy.

I expect to will be a front 3 of Crossan, Wilson and Omar.

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

How did they actually decide who the Highland League champions were? Surely Brora weren’t handed it after just 3 league fixtures? I’m assuming this season was null and void and Brora are potentially going into the playoff based on last seasons table?

No they actually did decide after 3 games that they were champions 🤣

1 minute ago, super-son said:

Cove commentator saying Crossan is on loan from Celtic. No idea where he's go that from!

Was at Celtic but a Sons player now, not on loan!

Just now, FifeSons said:

We are unwatchable.

We've not started to great either to be honest. It's all a bit too slow and we need better movement and first touch to break down the two banks of four

We are absolutely hopeless going forward. The only player who’s attempting to play football is Omar. I can’t believe I’m saying this but I’d be bringing Jones on for Wilson asap. If we’re going to play Duffyball for 90 minutes we as well trying hoofing it to a big guy. I’m not sure Wilson has even touched the ball, he’s just running around like a headless chicken.

McIntosh and Yule are absolutely roasting our full backs as well.

Our only hope is a 0-0 or a set piece heider.

We'll 0-0 at half time. Cove lacking any kind of pace or creativity in the final third and with the Sons sitting fairly deep they haven't looked stretched or under too much pressure.

Cove struggling to break teams down since the League restart. 

Our left side of Adam Livingstone and Leighton McIntosh is incredibly poor and we sorely miss Harry and Masson.

1 goal is going to knick this game I reckon

I'd be replacing Wilson with Jones (I'd laugh if someone told me I would say that a few weeks ago)

Wardrop has also had a nightmare in the first half as well for me. He's gave possession away almost every time especially annoying when under absolutely no pressure.

Just now, CoveRangers1922 said:

We'll 0-0 at half time. Cove lacking any kind of pace or creativity in the final third and with the Sons sitting fairly deep they haven't looked stretched or under too much pressure.

Cove struggling to break teams down since then League restart. 

Our left side of Adam Livingstone and Leighton McIntosh is incredibly poor and we sorely miss Harry and Masson.

1 goal is going to knick this game I reckon

I’ve been quite impressed by McIntosh, his end product is lacking but he’s really positive on the ball and Sam Wardrop can’t really get near him.

We are absolutely hopeless going forward. The only player who’s attempting to play football is Omar. I can’t believe I’m saying this but I’d be bringing Jones on for Wilson asap. If we’re going to play Duffyball for 90 minutes we as well trying hoofing it to a big guy. I’m not sure Wilson has even touched the ball, he’s just running around like a headless chicken.
You got in just ahead of me there. Totally agree regarding Wilson and Jones.

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Wilson hasn't had much supply but hasn't held it up that we'll when it's been fired his way.

McIntosh even if he gets the better of Sam has no end product as you've seen in the first 45 minutes!!

Yule and Ross on the right are combining well and could create something.

8 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’ve been quite impressed by McIntosh, his end product is lacking but he’s really positive on the ball and Sam Wardrop can’t really get near him.

Maybe I'm too harsh on Leighton but every week I see him and he runs the channels but absolutely craps himself if he needs to *try* and cross the ball or shoot.