Prince Philip Deid

28 minutes ago, btb said:

What war did Princess Anne fight in, or Eddie for that matter who IIRC dropped out of boot camp to take a background job in the theatre?

Both were sporting a rather unhealthy collection of medals today.

The medals are a safety device, when the light shines off them it scares away Andy Paedo.

Seriously cannot believe anyone would watch that freak show. Long walk along the beaches of Troon then a few beers out the back with the radio on was a delightful way to spend Saturday afternoon. Anyone tuning in to an old racists funeral needs to give themselves a shake.

Seriously cannot believe anyone would watch that freak show. Long walk along the beaches of Troon then a few beers out the back with the radio on was a delightful way to spend Saturday afternoon. Anyone tuning in to an old racists funeral needs to give themselves a shake.

The girlfriend was watching it. I came in from cutting the grass and watched about 5 minutes of it which coincided with them listing his honours. Felt like that was added on to make up for time.

2_Duke-of-Edinburgh-funeral.jpg&key=6db1e31026a6a54e10762544cb40df98866e5668466ae2e8e48e63897116f071
Looks as though one of the Royal guards went visiting the beer garden before the service, either that or the big diddy monster has just jiggled her way past.

As an aside des no one wear segs anymore?
I met Irish trainer Paul Nolan at Wexford races and he was wearing Cuban heeled boots with segs, pure class.

6 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
15 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:
2_Duke-of-Edinburgh-funeral.jpg&key=6db1e31026a6a54e10762544cb40df98866e5668466ae2e8e48e63897116f071
Looks as though one of the Royal guards went visiting the beer garden before the service, either that or the big diddy monster has just jiggled her way past.

I met Irish trainer Paul Nolan at Wexford races and he was wearing Cuban heeled boots with segs, pure class.

You could really stand out during all the marching they do with some well positioned segs.

I always end up watching nonsense like this due to curiousity. 

I wondered, given the laborious raising of the coffin if the military lads were going to give old Phil a New Orleans style last dance by shoogling him about a bit in his wooden overcoat. Sadly not. 

Acht well. I'm sure Methil reciprocates Phil's best regards from his brief visit in 1944.

I'm impressed that shops remember silences. Anywhere I've ever worked, it's always got to about fifteen minutes past the hour and someone's realised we've missed it. Because, y'know, we're working.

Nobody's ever complained, but no doubt some roaster somewhere has been screaming at minimum wage staff for not stopping to think about an old man who couldn't have given less of a f**k about any of us.

I used to work in a call centre trying to punt broadband and it was honestly horrific telling a customer that I've kept on the phone for 25 minutes reading terms and conditions that they won't understand but have to listen to that I had to put the call on mute as we were observing a minute silence.

2 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

2_Duke-of-Edinburgh-funeral.jpg

Not unusual for someone to go down at a gig that involves standing still in the sun for hours.

ceremonial duties are physically tougher than they look.