Prince Philip Deid

9 minutes ago, Moonglum25 said:

Looking forward to the highlights later on. The amount. Of brown nosing from the commentators is nauseating. It appears we have lost the greatest man ever to live how can we carry on?

No mention that the SS wing of the descendants of the Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg family got an invite and that he is widely believed to have had an affair in the 1950s with Princess Alexandra who is also there I take it? 

Edited by LongTimeLurker

The service was gorgeous actually. I loved the music and the solemnity of it. 

I'm no flagshagging royalist but seeing wee Queenie sitting on her own was heartbreaking.

The commentary was awful afterwards. Genuine foot through the telly stuff.

In Normal Island, no consideration is given to whether or not its a bit tone deaf to dedicate all of this coverage to the death of a fabulously wealthy and privileged 99 year old, in a year where people have quite literally been prohibited from giving a half decent send off to lost loved ones.....

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

In Normal Island, no consideration is given to whether or not its a bit tone deaf to dedicate all of this coverage to the death of a fabulously wealthy and privileged 99 year old, in a year where people have quite literally been prohibited from giving a half decent send off to lost loved ones.....

No actually the BBC said that people who couldn't attend their loved ones funeral will feel better seeing a different funeral of someone they didn't know on TV.

Seeing the Royals stick to the covid guidelines of 30 people (plus an entire Royal regiment) will make people think they are just like us.

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Arrived at Morrison's at five to 3 to do the shopping. Had to wait outside until 3.02 as they prepared for, then completed, a minute's silence.

Perfectly normal.

Think they’ve got form for that sort of thing tbf. Was thoroughly displeased when the checkout lassie refused to take my messages through the till at 11am on Armistice Day when I was (politely but firmly) reminded we were on a two minute silence. Stood there like a plum with everyone else, knowing the protocol of what was going on, silently seething  in my direction. 

What war did Princess Anne fight in, or Eddie for that matter who IIRC dropped out of boot camp to take a background job in the theatre?

Both were sporting a rather unhealthy collection of medals today.