Prince Philip Deid

28 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Nice to meet you. What line of work are you in?

I stand in a corridor and open the door for rich folk so they can walk through  

Really? And that’s all you do?

No, no, I close the door afterwards and wait for the next rich person to come along.

And you don’t aspire to do anything more than that with your life?

Of course I do. My boss says that if I stick at it,  in another 5 years or so, I can apply for the post of Light Switch Turner Off and Onner. That’s when I’ll know I’ve made it.

Other than Doorpeople, most of those opening doors are not doing it as their full-time job, it's something they do as a very tiny part of their duties.  

You never opened a door for anyone?   

2 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Other than Doorpeople, most of those opening doors are not doing it as their full-time job, it's something they do as a very tiny part of their duties.  

I think you’re taking this conversation more seriously than I am. 

20 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Probably been posted on here before but another reminder of the Royal Family’s *checks notes* wicked sense of humour.

I posted it about an hour ago. 

24 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Manys the time, but I never got paid for it or had my meals and accommodation provided. I was obviously doing it wrong...

1 hour ago, jamamafegan said:

Attempts to shove royalty down our throats will only help to continue dividing us from the Union so I’m all for it.

Yes, I suspect there might be truth in that.

Obviously, you do get royalist types in Scotland, but they're surely far fewer in number than in England.

Even people who aren't hostile to the monarchy must see this as OTT and actually a pain in the arse.  You'd imagine it would drive most sensible people further away from unionist sentiment, rather than towards it.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

FWIW I’m not someone who’s be raging if say bbc gave it extended coverage and cancelled some of its regular programming for it. It’s a mystery to me but there’s clearly a demographic out there who this means something to and it’s not my place to stop it.

However, the complete black out of any other news/programming makes it state mandated mourning and I find it very weird. 

Yes,  very much this.

The fact that this news leaves me unmoved doesn't mean it must be that way for everyone.  However, the scale of this coverage is just incredible.  In my car this morning, I couldn't find a Radio station that wasn't devoted to his death.

It's madness.  If it genuinely does reflect wider feeling, then I don't live in the country I thought I did.

14 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

F5AA6E71-CBC9-4CB3-B089-9847F30725C5.jpeg.6ccd116ff37551c0b0f2ab9d7eeb4515.jpeg

Pls be equally sad when a mega rich 99 year old racist dies as when your grandad dies thx xox

I cried when my mum's dad died.

To be fair this was because I was 2 weeks old and had just shat myself for the second time that day.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

I cried when my mum's dad died.

To be fair this was because I was 2 weeks old and had just shat myself for the second time that day.

My mums father died the day before she was due to marry my dad and the wedding had to be postponed. The thoughtless b*****d.