Prince Philip Deid

1 minute ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Why do the telly bosses think that irritating c***s like Philip Schofield  and Giles  Brsndreth have anything interesting to say about a deid Phil?

Giles Brandreth's jumper is presumably the "acceptable" humour on such a sad day.

35 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

Is it just me or are the TV companies totally overplaying this one? I got it with the Diana thing to an extent because it was a slight shock - though not to Phil obviously☠️☠️ - but we're talking about a 99 year old in poor health...we don't need wall-to-wall coverage to see us through it.

Yes, with Diana it did kind of amaze me how mental the country went during that week, with all the outpourings of 'grief' from people clearly loving every second.

The media coverage surrounding her death, however, didn't feel particularly disproportionate, because you could recognise that this was a huge news story.  It was sudden and violent and it happened to probably the most famous woman on the planet when she was still young.  For want of a better word, this one lacks any glamour, as well as shock value.

It's absurd.  I can't help feeling that there's an attempt here to create and sustain sentiment rather than jut reflect it.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

I also think a lot of these c***s running the TV channels just live in their own world. BBC Television Centre is there in west London. They've all gone to private schools and Oxbridge with a bunch of minor royals and aristocrats. The same delusion that makes people value the Royal Family also validates their own existence in a less pronounced way. They probably just think this is appropriate.

Edited by Margaret Thatcher
Once again my shit post falls at the top of a new page

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, with Diana it did kind of amaze me how mental the country went during that week, with all the outpourings of 'grief' from people clearly loving every second.

The media coverage surrounding her death, however, didn't feel particularly disproportionate, because you could recognise that this was a huge news story.  It was sudden and violent and it happened to probably the most famous woman on the planet when she was still young.  For want of a better word, this one lacks any glamour, as well as shock value.

It's absurd.  I can't help feeling that there's an attempt hear to create and sustain sentiment rather than jut reflect it.

Totally - it's not a surprise, far less a shock and I'm not sure there are too many people all that bothered. It strikes me as them trying to manipulate a desired narrative rather than actually report....I could understand it if was just the state broadcaster, but it seems to be ubiquitous.

2 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

I also think a lot of these c***s running the TV channels just live in their own world. BBC Television Centre is there in west London. They've all gone to private schools and Oxbridge with a bunch of minor royals and aristocrats. The same delusion that makes people value the Royal Family also validates their own existence in a less pronounced way. They probably just think this is appropriate.

It is completely mental.

Cancelling the England vs France women's match and Hearts Alloa from broadcast tv. But still showing them online so for folk with a smart tv and good internet are only mildly inconvenienced if they wanted to watch these things. So not really a principle, just a sad bit of virtue siganalling.

Needing 5 channels to tell you Prince Philip is dead. No one was going to miss it ffs.

15 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

What an absolute shower of no-righters

1 minute ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

It is completely mental.

Cancelling the England vs France women's match and Hearts Alloa from broadcast tv. But still showing them online so for folk with a smart tv and good internet are only mildly inconvenienced if they wanted to watch these things. So not really a principle, just a sad bit of virtue siganalling.

Needing 5 channels to tell you Prince Philip is dead. No one was going to miss it ffs.

Coronavirus never got this much coverage.

16 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

You have to believe that the “journalist” just shat the bed when it came to including the majority of comments from people who either laughed, told them to f**k off, or called the old b*****d a racist, useless (dead] parasite.

10 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

The BBC have been bricking it since the 2019 election and are pandering to their Tory paymasters. 'Doing state events right' is their last card to play to keep hold of the licence fee. That's all there really is to explain this one. 

This should however be recalled time and time again the next time that people ludicrously claim that the BBC is some sort of independent and unbiased fount of knowledge that We All Must Support through regressive tax.

Get it launched into the bin where it belongs.

25 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

If there’s one thing this country lacks, it’s  statues celebrating racists.