Prince Philip Deid

34 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

Yes she did, I flew out on holiday the day after the crash & remember reading about Mother Teresa during it.

^^^^^ Went to put flowers down at the entrance to the tunnel.

30 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Thread is moving faster than, well, an SUV crashing into a vehicle carrying three people (including a 9-month-old boy) right now so question may already have been asked and/or answered; am I right in thinking that he

• didn't apologise for a pretty remarkably long time after the collision (accident implies that there wasn't someone to blame)
  • that replacement SUV he got within 24/48 hours was pretty fucking expensive, something like £60k - £80k
  • I can't remember but I think they did - eventually - also replace the victims car even if only because at a cynical level they realised how awful it looked to give the doddery twat another toy to break without also helping out the victim
  • when there was finally an official apology it was one of those mealy mouthed "i'm sorry if you feel upset that I smashed my vehicle into yours" deals

Yes, most of that is pretty much how I remember it.

His household did handle the aftermath pretty disgracefully I think.

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I hope his c**t wife shows, for once in her wretched c**t life, some grace and dies during a summer when no football is on (and may be cancelled/postponed).

It will be during the Euros, at half time during the Scotland Croatia game with Scotland 2-0 up and heading through. 

Tourney cancelled. 

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Granddaughter: Is this real life, is the King really dead?

Me: He wasn't the King, he was the Queen's husband.

G: But that is the King.

M: This one isn't, he was a Prince.

G: But...

This could be a long night.

your granddaughter is Neil from the Inbetweeners and I claim my five pounds

1 hour ago, Pato said:

Did someone else not die really close to her? Mother Teresa maybe?

Jeffrey Bernard, Mobuto Sese Seko and George Solti all died in the week after Diana.

So if you're an alky reporter, an African dictator or a great conductor I'd be worried.

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I hope his c**t wife shows, for once in her wretched c**t life, some grace and dies during a summer when no football is on (and may be cancelled/postponed).

Whilst I couldn't give a flying f**k for the Royal Family and will be glad when it's abolished, I find it very odd how upset to the point of rage some folk get over them. Calm the f**k down 

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

It will be during the Euros, at half time during the Scotland Croatia game with Scotland 2-0 up and heading through. 

Tourney cancelled. 

She'll do it on purpose!

1 minute ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Whilst I couldn't give a flying f**k for the Royal Family and will be glad when it's abolished, I find it very odd how upset to the point of rage some folk get over them. Calm the f**k down 

You calm down!

Do you seriously think I'm sitting here absolutely furious?

Selina Scott is on STV just now. Best part of the day, 69 she is!

Eta

I'm frantically looking for a recent photo of her. I believe Celina has interfered with the resolution on her webcam tonight.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson