Prince Philip Deid

8 hours ago, Left Back said:

Not unusual for someone to go down at a gig that involves standing still in the sun for hours.

ceremonial duties are physically tougher than they look.

The boys wearing 40kg of gear out in the Middle East / Afghanistan must really feel for their colleagues facing the demands of the British April sun for a few hours.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Media salivating that Willie and Harry are talking and made up after the funeral. They are easy led.  How many times do you meet someone at a funeral you can’t be arsed with, but for 5 minutes have some insignificant chat, never to be arsed about them till the next funeral.  

Can’t see the conversation having been, “ Get somewhere booked for September, me and Kate will come over with the bairns, we’ll get a few games of golf, lassies can have a spa day, and we’ll get to a theme park, have a good few beers” 

12 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

He looked remarkably cool, from what I observed.

He looked as shifty as f**k. His eyes were darting all over the place as if he was trying to spot FBI guys in the bushes.

14 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

What happens at the self scanners? Does the flashing red light of doom switch on for two minutes?

At just the wrong moment, my self scanner said "Please scan your Club card to win extra Club Card Points".

Then it said "Please remember your change.  Especially notes".

I reported this to the Store Manager and hopefully it will be replaced with a more respectful and servile self scanner fairly soon. ☺

42 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Media salivating that Willie and Harry are talking and made up after the funeral. They are easy led.  How many times do you meet someone at a funeral you can’t be arsed with, but for 5 minutes have some insignificant chat, never to be arsed about them till the next funeral.  

Can’t see the conversation having been, “ Get somewhere booked for September, me and Kate will come over with the bairns, we’ll get a few games of golf, lassies can have a spa day, and we’ll get to a theme park, have a good few beers” 

Aye I found this at best, hopeful and at worst, mendacious. When I heard them gushing I thought that Harry and Wull were tearfully embracing. What we actually had was Harry catching up, saying f**k knows what to Wull, and then Harry falling behind after about 2mins of chat. "The scene that everyone wants to see". Painfully out of touch.

5 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

“Normalisation of the far right” thread for this rank pish. (To be fair, Laurence Fox, Nigel Farage, and Boris Johnson all probably still enjoy a jolly good laugh at the chaps who made it over their Friday evening chinky.)

Edited by Antlion

1 hour ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Or they never fell out in the first place, and the whole thing was concocted by "royal correspondents" scrambling for relevance. 

24 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

It's behind a paywall - but I'm sure this story has been reported before.

Yeah March 2019 - Cameras, AI on Self-Driving Cars May Miss Darker-Skinned Faces - ExtremeTech

Small People  are at a disadvantage too which as a Randy Newman fan pleases me...

Edited by btb

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Royal correspondents are the most spectaular combinantion of sycophancy and a lack of self awareness.

That twat Witchell has no idea that the people he worships completely fucking detest him.

“Bloody people. I can’t bear that man. He’s so awful. He really is.”

Edited by Enigma

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Royal correspondents are the most spectaular combinantion of sycophancy and a lack of self awareness.

That twat Witchell has no idea that the people he worships completely fucking detest him.

It’s about the one thing the Royal Family and the British public have in common, detesting Nicholas Witchell. 

23 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

It’s about the one thing the Royal Family and the British public have in common, detesting Nicholas Witchell. 

"Britain's most obsequeous sycophant - those are his words"

"his balding is not due just to male pattern baldness, but over zealous forelock tugging"

"his butterfly collection, each one with a tiny pin through its heart"

"he's the BBC royal correspondent in the full knowledge that the royal family *cannot stand* him, and that takes guts, actually"