Prince Philip Deid

On a work call this morning we were told that our department, and most other government depts, were told or 'advised' to pull back from publishing any internal or external comms including advertising any jobs which weren't time critical. 

Good stuff.

Bbc received a record number of complaints (over 100k) about the shifting the Masterchef Final to keep broadcasting about his death.

I reckon the monarchy will be abolished within the next 50 year.

The guest list for the service includes 30 people, with three German relatives.

Those attending will be in morning coats with medals, or day dress, but not wear military uniform.

I'm sure those two sentences are in no way connected, at least the official line is the dressing up box is not getting opened to avoid Harry feeling awkward !

12 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

I'm sure those two sentences are in no way connected, at least the official line is the dressing up box is not getting opened to avoid Harry feeling awkward !

What's the story there? 

Surely Harry should be more entitled to wear uniform than most of them, given that he served recently in an actual sort of war.  Andrew would be the only other one to see action, apart from the bloke in the box.  

I take it it's to do with him no longer being a Royal or something?  What about all the normal folk who've been in the forces and wear uniform on formal occasions?

I suppose it's just more evidence of the nonsense of the whole thing.

22 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

The guest list for the service includes 30 people, with three German relatives.

Those attending will be in morning coats with medals, or day dress, but not wear military uniform.

It's the Germans that might look a bit out of place.

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

What's the story there? 

Surely Harry should be more entitled to wear uniform than most of them, given that he served recently in an actual sort of war.  Andrew would be the only other one to see action, apart from the bloke in the box.  

I take it it's to do with him no longer being a Royal or something?  What about all the normal folk who've been in the forces and wear uniform on formal occasions?

I suppose it's just more evidence of the nonsense of the whole thing.

It's a joke about the time he dressed up as a Nazi

Considering they’ve moved the football for this I might watch it out a morbid curiosity.

Shot for every time the camera cuts to Charles muttering “wrong one” to Camilla.

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

Considering they’ve moved the football for this I might watch it out a morbid curiosity.

Shot for every time the camera cuts to Charles muttering “wrong one” to Camilla.

Don't watch it live it only encourages them. If the coffin falls and Phil tumbles out it will be on the news at 10 

On 13/04/2021 at 00:21, David W said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56721078

The most complained about piece of BBC broadcasting ever apparently, no doubt helped by the easy to submit form.

On 13/04/2021 at 07:24, hk blues said:

There were 16 people who filed a complaint about how easy it was to file a complaint! 

The irony being that by making it "easy" to file a complaint, it makes it easier for the BBC to dismiss them.

Since last week, there's been this fixation in the media around the postponement of the MasterChef final and little or nothing on the primary issue which was the devotion of six channels to exactly the same output while a seventh simply had a placeholder telling people either that programmes were suspended, or to press the red button to watch what the channel should have been showing at that time.

Lo and behold, the BBC themselves make MasterChef (and other programmes) the focus of their "official" articles on this with only a brief mention of what actually happened: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56756296 and https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56746250 

So in allowing people to complain by simply providing a name and email address, the BBC gave themselves the opportunity to conflate "why was MasterChef postponed?" with "why did you show the same thing on six different channels for 12 hours?".  The former is easy to dismiss, while also making the complainers come across as heartless b*****ds; the latter is not. 

13 minutes ago, The Master said:

The irony being that by making it "easy" to file a complaint, it makes it easier for the BBC to dismiss them.

Since last week, there's been this fixation in the media around the postponement of the MasterChef final and little or nothing on the primary issue which was the devotion of six channels to exactly the same output while a seventh simply had a placeholder telling people either that programmes were suspended, or to press the red button to watch what the channel should have been showing at that time.

Lo and behold, the BBC themselves make MasterChef (and other programmes) the focus of their "official" articles on this with only a brief mention of what actually happened: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56756296 and https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56746250 

So in allowing people to complain by simply providing a name and email address, the BBC gave themselves the opportunity to conflate "why was MasterChef postponed?" with "why did you show the same thing on six different channels for 12 hours?".  The former is easy to dismiss, while also making the complainers come across as heartless b*****ds; the latter is not. 

On 10/04/2021 at 09:05, Mark Connolly said:

I'm certain they are just taking email addresses rather than the usual complaint process is so that they can just write it off as people hopping on the bandwagon.

In case anyone missed the news, BBC 1 have another 4 hour special on this morning at 10, once their wall to wall coverage on Breakfast News finishes.

:whistle