Prince Philip Deid

5 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Wonder if they will learn from this lesson when Betty goes.

This is just a dress rehearsal for Lizzie Has Fallen. There's been a few comments along the lines of "it's not as if the Queen's died", so the lickspittles will take that as a green light to really ramp things up for what, let's face it, will be Witchell's last hurrah. Forget the Greek, there actually is a long-establisjhed National affection for Mrs S-C-G, and her going breaks the most important link for those who love the ol' red white and blue - she's probably the only living person most of them are aware of who was actually alive during the Great Patriotic War. 

The next generation of parasites can count on nowhere near the level of goodwill accorded to Lizzie - Andrew, especially, has drawn upon his status far more than he has used it for the good of the country (or the reputation of the family). Without that HRH, he'd be looking at serious time - and once his mum shuffles off, that prospect actually seems more realistic.  And I can't see the crowds turning out for King Charlie in anything like the numbers they did for his wedding, when media access for the plebs was much narrower and they swallowed the "fairytale" guff whole, while witnessing two toffs getting together to produce an heir before going back to fucking whoever they pleased. 

On 12/04/2021 at 09:16, Mark Connolly said:

Absolutely horrified that I was the only one wearing a black tie in this morning's zoom meeting.

Already drafting my letter of resignation.

Before you hand in your resignation make sure you claim your £162 for your zoom call tribute.

16 hours ago, David W said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56721078

The most complained about piece of BBC broadcasting ever apparently, no doubt helped by the easy to submit form.

My favourite part of this BBC article is how it says "The BBC has received 100,000 complaints from members of the public over its coverage of the Duke of Edinburgh's death, according to the Sun newspaper."

On 11/04/2021 at 14:11, GordonS said:

Did it not occur to you that they're Catholics?

And that none of use the term to mean anything other than how I described it? I know a priest who uses the term FFS. One that did our wedding and I've been friends with for 25 years.

This is as fkn stupid as white people compalining about black people calling each other the N word.

Some of my best friends are priests.

2 hours ago, GordonD said:

Ooh, that Private Eye cover will attract a few complaints! My copy hasn't arrived yet but I was wondering how they would handle it.

I'm looking forward to this issue, that's for sure. I think the other fella on the cover probably isn't...

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Fitba cancelled. Why??? Do we cancel fitba when other old people die. Like I say..a family have lost someone and that's sad but this happens everyday and football isnt cancelled. Its a disgrace

Politics and sport don't mix and political flags are banned in grounds.

Weirdly they ignore that when it suits.

In good news there is now many many English pub goers who were all set for a day of fitba and boozing that have now had that ruined so that's more folk joined the list of bin this Family.

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Fitba cancelled. Why??? Do we cancel fitba when other old people die. Like I say..a family have lost someone and that's sad but this happens everyday and football isnt cancelled. Its a disgrace

What football has been cancelled? 

48 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

I'm looking forward to this issue, that's for sure. I think the other fella on the cover probably isn't...

I don't think he has anything to worry about. Labour has called for a full enquiry but the Tories are going to vote against it - they'll have a (secret) internal investigation and find that he did nothing wrong.