Prince Philip Deid

5 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Do any of you lot have a DOE award? My sister did hers up to Gold Award. Me being lazy I wasn't going to be arsed with all that and was happy to stick with the one badge I got at the Scouts.

(Pathfinder. Not a bad one. I can still tie a clove hitch)

Got my bronze can't say it made me feel any more misty eyed about Phil

6 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Do any of you lot have a DOE award? My sister did hers up to Gold Award. Me being lazy I wasn't going to be arsed with all that and was happy to stick with the one badge I got at the Scouts.

Something you want to tell us?

6395F7B1-9E2E-41FA-B135-65C619D8207A.jpeg

3 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I'm a DofE Assesor. The c**t never even came up with the idea. Just allowed his logo be used.

I never met the great man having rubbered the "opportunity" to go to Holyrood whenever invited 

Just now, tamthebam said:

Buroo clerk- that's a job for life in Lanarkshire anyway.

I was inspired by the counter clerk's laconic, devil may care approach to customer service at my first signing on day. I pledged to develop my career among the hopeless and unemployable.

11 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I was inspired by the counter clerk's laconic, devil may care approach to customer service at my first signing on day. I pledged to develop my career among the hopeless and unemployable.

She looks fucking miserable TBH

See the source image

38 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Never did DoE but I can also lash a clove hitch as well as one on the bight.

Edited by Left Back

My daughter did DoE through to Gold and really enjoyed it. We went along to Holyrood but the Chooky was indisposed so Edward did the rounds of the weans - with a good deal more decorum and interaction than his old man according to those who know about these things. 

Anyway, it was probably a dying wish that the riff raff shouldn't get a day off and to make sure he was planted at the weekend to f**k up a Saturday to boot.  

I'm still in 2 minds about whether or not to go to Windsor to stand like a fucking moron to pay my respects. I'll see how I feel on Friday ...

6 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Rule of thumb: does he/she leave the world poorer for them not being in it, or improved?

If the above does not produce a clear answer: did he/she try to improve the world when they were in it?

For me, the likes of Thatcher fail on the first question, whereas Phil the Greek, and I feel I'm being generous here, gets to the second before failing.

Kind of sums it up for me. (Please don't use the 'T' word again. It hurts).

If my c**t of a brother (RIP) hadn’t nicked it from my Dad’s hoose after her died (Dad obviously) then I would have had a fantastic pic of when chooky visited Vulcan in Caithness many moons ago. The pic is awesome, chooky is leaning into shake hands with my Dad who looks like he’s thinking “I’m not sure, is my watch on that wrist?”

I really wish I could post it!

They are still droning on about Phil. Don't think that many folk give a shite about him. Just feel as though the Establishment are using it as a dress rehearsal for Lizzy pegging it and pushing it to see how many tributes they can get away with before a nationwide heads gone storming of the Mall moment happens.

Sickner for the BBC this morning. They have sent a reporter to Crete, where the Duke was born, and asked her how the people there are reacting to his death. The reply "With some indifference".  What sort of peasants are these people?  No wonder we left the EEC.

4 minutes ago, Elric said:

Sickner for the BBC this morning. They have sent a reporter to Crete, where the Duke was born, and asked her how the people there are reacting to his death. The reply "With some indifference".  What sort of peasants are these people?  No wonder we left the EEC.

Fair play to the hack who was sitting in freezing London and had the balls to go to the gaffer and say I think we should go to his place of birth. No doubt someone is winging their way to the tribe in the Pacific.