Prince Philip Deid

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

The queen in just one day has,

1. Woken up

2. Eaten breakfast 

3. talked to people(and I doubt the ambassadors get any different treatment to the hello, what do you do, oh that’s interesting, thanks you conversation given out when they meet us at plebs. 

4. Eaten lunch 

5. Changed clothes.

What an amazing accomplishment, how can it be done?

Doing better than me.  I can’t switch my webcam on for work before 11 as I’m rarely dressed by then.

18 minutes ago, Antlion said:

I’m fairly sure part of the elaborate con job that was “modernising” the monarchy (when other countries were dissolving theirs) was the development of a whole host of “royal duties” that exist solely, as far as I can see, to justify the royals’ continued existence. Monarchists are in the weird position of arguing that we need the royals to do things that have literally just been invented to give the royals things to do.

If you fancy a laugh, have a read of this absolute fucking (deadly serious) insanity:

”Rising at around 8.30 am, Her Majesty is greeted by the sounds of the bagpipes each morning at nine, as a piper plays on the terrace beneath her apartment at Buckingham Palace. She usually takes a bath before having breakfast alone, and it is usually Cornflakes or Special K cereal and fresh or dried fruit. At Christmas, when she usually receives truffles as a gift, The Queen will have scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and a grating of truffle as a festive treat.”

“The clock is only reading 11, and it’s time for Her Majesty to attend meetings. The Queen dedicates one-on-one time with special guests, such as overseas ambassadors, High Commissioners, newly appointed British ambassadors, and senior members of the British and Commonwealth Armed Forces. These usually last no more than 20 minutes to ensure relevant and important topics are discussed, but not to eat into too much of Her Majesty’s daily schedule.

”After all that hard work, it’s time for a lunch break, which The Queen often chooses to take privately. A typical lunch, served at 1pm, would be fish and vegetables, such as a grilled Dover sole on a bed of wilted spinach or courgettes, reports a former royal chef. It is said Her Majesty avoids carbohydrates.”

”Depending on the day's engagements, the Queen may have to change as many as five times, but she rarely makes her own choice; that is what she pays her dressers to do, she says.”

At least "royal duties" no longer extend to appointing a designated wiper of one's arse, so I suppose that counts as some form of progress.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groom_of_the_Stool

6 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

The queen in just one day has,

1. Woken up

2. Eaten breakfast 

3. talked to people(and I doubt the ambassadors get any different treatment to the hello, what do you do, oh that’s interesting, thanks you conversation given out when they meet us at plebs. 

4. Eaten lunch 

5. Changed clothes.

What an amazing accomplishment, how can it be done?

It's quite easy really, I do most of that every day, too.

3 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Doing better than me.  I can’t switch my webcam on for work before 11 as I’m rarely dressed by then.

You don’t have dressers? I’m surprised you even manage for 11, then. Next you’ll be claiming you don’t have bagpipes to rouse you from your slumber nor serfs to send you truffles for the chef to grate over your eggs. 

1 hour ago, Fullerene said:

This Thursday it will be 20 years since Joey Ramone passed away.  By way of a tribute, I think flags should be flown at half mast, black armbands worn and maybe even delay the kick off for certain sporting events.

Also tempted to write to the BBC to ask if they would do a 12 hour special on Joey's contribution to music.

Just a thought.

Why not count the games in at kick off...1 2 3 4...

8 minutes ago, Antlion said:

You don’t have dressers? I’m surprised you even manage for 11, then. Next you’ll be claiming you don’t have bagpipes to rouse you from your slumber nor serfs to send you truffles for the chef to grate over your eggs. 

These blasted Covid restrictions have made it impossible for them to come to work.  Mrs. Back said the staff should live in but I thought it would be pretentious.

39 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

c***s. :angry:

That's what I would write in their book of condolences. anaw.

Knock yourself out, PA.  I’m sure we would all like to send a message to the Royal Family at this difficult time.

https://www.royal.uk/condolence

2 hours ago, paranoid android said:

After all this palaver interrupting tv schedules for days on end, I thought we might get a day aff, but no.

c***s. :angry:

That's what I would write in their book of condolences. anaw.

That was the first thing folk at work said when they heard the news "are we getting a day off then?"

Do any of you lot have a DOE award? My sister did hers up to Gold Award. Me being lazy I wasn't going to be arsed with all that and was happy to stick with the one badge I got at the Scouts.

(Pathfinder. Not a bad one. I can still tie a clove hitch)

Just now, tamthebam said:

Do any of you lot have a DOE award? My sister did hers up to Gold Award. Me being lazy I wasn't going to be arsed with all that and was happy to stick with the one badge I got at the Scouts.

(Pathfinder. Not a bad one. I can still tie a clove hitch)

Department of Employment, I did some of my best work there...I say work...