Prince Philip Deid

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

When Diana died there were lots of floral tributes laid down at Holyrood Palace (tbh I went there out of curiosity and walked past them all shaking my head. But I'm a traitorous republican) 

I passed the Palace last night and apart from a few bored looking polis and the flag flying at half mast I didn't see any flowers. I can't believe Edinburgh doesn't have any buckled Royalists who would leave a tribute so do the staff remove any flowers at night?

Drove by earlier too (was working on Easter Road). Two Police standing at the front gates, two cars parked at the side and a bunch more police patrolling the street. Not a single mourner.

It’s almost as if a 99 year old dying is part of everyday life for everyone except some hysterical BBC monarchists and @Jacksgranda

Edited by Abby Normal

Just now, Smokie_D said:

Says everything about you and your friends if that's an acceptable term you use for catholics 👀

Did it not occur to you that they're Catholics?

And that none of use the term to mean anything other than how I described it? I know a priest who uses the term FFS. One that did our wedding and I've been friends with for 25 years.

This is as fkn stupid as white people compalining about black people calling each other the N word.

5 minutes ago, GordonS said:

And I'm done with this.

Just now, GordonS said:

Did it not occur to you that they're Catholics?

And that none of use the term to mean anything other than how I described it? I know a priest who uses the term FFS. One that did our wedding and I've been friends with for 25 years.

This is as fkn stupid as white people compalining about black people calling each other the N word.

Clearly not done with this.

But really should be done with this

I will say in G's defence, that if you are a Catholic (and "lapsed" counts too) then using "bead-rattler" is fine. He may have used it for provocation, he's certainly a bellicose poster, but I for one am not at all bothered.

I never heard of it until I was about 16 but my mate got called it at work and thought it the funniest thing he'd ever heard. I was in bits too. My da has rosary beads in the picket of all his jackets (every.single.one) and whenever I hear the term I remember my old school pal and think about my eccentric as f**k auld man.

It was an attention seeking post. Best ignored rather than engaged with.

2 minutes ago, Abby Normal said:

Drove by earlier too (was working on Easter Road). Two Police standing at the front gates, two cars parked at the side and a bunch more police patrolling the street. Not a single mourner.

It’s almost as if a 99 year old dying is part of everyday life for everyone except some hysterical BBC monarchists. 

Not for me it isn't.

6 minutes ago, Abby Normal said:

It’s almost as if a 99 year old dying is part of everyday life for everyone except some hysterical BBC monarchists and @Jacksgranda

:lol:

3 minutes ago, Abby Normal said:

It’s almost as if a 99 year old dying is part of everyday life for everyone except some hysterical BBC monarchists. 

Most watched programme on Friday was Gogglebox. The two documentaries on BBC and ITV at the same time both had less than half its audience. I suspect the media has spectacularly overestimated how many people are interested.

Just now, sparky88 said:

Most watched programme on Friday was Gogglebox. The two documentaries on BBC and ITV at the same time both had less than half its audience. I suspect the media has spectacularly overestimated how many people are interested.

Someone somewhere also posted a screenshot of the BBC’s most-read story and Phillip was down in 3rd behind DMX and something else non-royal. 

9 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

Media in general has become a lot of what they think should be done and said whether anyone's actually interested

For instance the biggest news in the world currently continues to be what's happening in Myanmar

Barely reported

Edited by Binos

19 minutes ago, Mr X said:

No, its not allowed, which is why the post has been removed. Presumably because you reported it. I mean, you did report it, right? You wouldnt just quote it to complain, would you?

I'm reporting f**k all, I'm no grass. But I will point out if someone has posted something that I strongly disagree with. As I'd expect others to do likewise to me. We should (and I stress "should" here...) all be adult enough to listen to criticism when it's merited. That's how discussion forums work.