Prince Philip Deid

There is literally no chance of any game being played between 3pm and 5pm next Saturday. I'd guess that they'll pull the 3pm kick offs forward to 12.30 or so, but the tricky one to move is Rangers V Celtic because of the Premier TV coverage.

Can't believe we're not going to get a few thousand Celtic fans booing themselves inside out during the minute silence, followed by a tsunami of servile seethe from the Rangers fans. Covid has robbed us of so much.

7 hours ago, GordonS said:

Pope John Paul II was the longest-serving and most loved Pope in modern times, and when he died in 2005 nobody but a handful of bead-rattlers reacted within a million miles of what we're seeing now. 

You can't type T I M on here but "bead-rattlers" is allowed? OK.

8 hours ago, throbber said:

I remember a pope died around this time in 2005 and i haven’t even googled this. 

Classy if flyboy to bring the old firm into this, was only a matter of time.

That was the aforementioned JP2... the original holy goalie.

There was a minutes silence at most games, that was it, certainly nothing like the faux grief sycophantic bollocks enveloping society just now, as others have mentioned f**k knows what it will be like when old Liz croaks.

On a surreal note I remember the day of 9/11, the planes struck late afternoon our time, I was working on a new build house site in Tullibody and suddenly all the various workmen were relaying the unbelievable news of what was going on across the pond in the USA. I had the radio on in the car driving home from work listening as it seemed WW3 was about to start, got home and put the telly box on, all channels showing live pictures from the carnage and destruction in America........

......bar Channel 4 which wasn't risking a pensioners revolt and ploughed on with Countdown. 

If the numbers game et al is cancelled we are well and truly fucked.

Edited by Flybhoy