Prince Philip Deid

The American diplomat that David Jason was referring to in his anecdote from the Queen was white. Why are people suggesting it was an instance of racism? I've absolutely no doubt the Queen has racist tendencies considering her husband's views but that anecdote from David Jason just highlighted her humour is pish rather than anything sinister.

2 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

I wonder what weird, attention seeking, mawkish, creepy 'look how British we are' tribute the **** will have to him at Ibrox tomorrow? 

I'm going for a full stadium mosaic with his image embroidered on all the shirts as a bare minimum. 

Celtic fans have no valid opinion on this due to the fact they'd do the same if the Pope died. Maybe no so much this one but one of the popular ones, like the Polish goalkeeper fella

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

The American diplomat that David Jason was referring to in his anecdote from the Queen was white. Why are people suggesting it was an instance of racism? I've absolutely no doubt the Queen has racist tendencies considering her husband's views but that anecdote from David Jason just highlighted her humour is pish rather than anything sinister.

Yes, the most significant feature of the anecdote is the reception it receives, as if it provides incontestible evidence of the Queen's comic genius.

3 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

Even the March of the Day Facebook page put up a status yesterday reporting the news. I made a pretty terrible but relatively inoffensive joke about how Phil was a big part of Ancelotti's AC Milan team of the mid 2000s.

Have just checked Facebook for the first time since and this has made some people very angry. Good.

You have done God's work, sir. ON behalf of us all I thank you.

2 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

IMG_20210410_095251.jpg.fa44ad6ea0c5f8411b4bd81f09a804a7.jpg

That reminds me, they cancelled the Scottish election party leaders' debate on climate change which was due to take place last night.

12 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Celtic fans have no valid opinion on this due to the fact they'd do the same if the Pope died. Maybe no so much this one but one of the popular ones, like the Polish goalkeeper fella

I remember a pope died around this time in 2005 and i haven’t even googled this. 

Classy if flyboy to bring the old firm into this, was only a matter of time.

20 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Artur Boruc was the pope?

8 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

To think this is just the warm up for the big one...average of 6 months between spouses in the over 75s lads 

Just in time for the tattie holidays then. Hopefully I’ll have fucked off to Portugal at that time.

Just in time for the tattie holidays then. Hopefully I’ll have fucked off to Portugal at that time.
Apparently its in the protocols for pilot to inform their flights as soon as it happens. Hopefully they are too distraught to bring you home

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Apparently its in the protocols for pilot to inform their flights as soon as it happens. Hopefully they are too distraught to bring you home

Fingers crossed 🤞 

39 minutes ago, GordonS said:

That reminds me, they cancelled the Scottish election party leaders' debate on climate change which was due to take place last night.

Shame

I was looking forward to that

56 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

I wonder what weird, attention seeking, mawkish, creepy 'look how British we are' tribute the **** will have to him at Ibrox tomorrow? 

I'm going for a full stadium mosaic with his image embroidered on all the shirts as a bare minimum. 

They already have one they can re-use.....

C605A01F-D5C6-400A-A335-A03466962600.jpeg.450ffd1aeb99a2cefb386a7aed9fc77f.jpeg.jpg

4 hours ago, mizfit said:

Working today so I’ve put BBC on in the background as I do every Saturday morning.

The sports news was dedicated to Philips sporting achievements and reminding all of the 2 minute silence before every football match.

No other sporting news. Just look at Philip running here.

I find it bizarre that there will be a minute's silence at Stranraer v Edinburgh City.

The Duke of Edinburgh never turned up to a City match the miserable sod. Must have been a staunch Jambo.

3 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

What about all the santo subito stuff in St Peter's Square? You might be right about what happened in Scotland but things got a wee bit OTT elsewhere. Meanwhile I await with interest to see if the BBC will mention that dear old and now departed Phil's big sister was married to an SS officer:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Christoph_of_Hesse

I thought 3 of them were married to SS officers. Or were the other 2 just married to ordinary Nazis?

Anyway, you can choose your friends, but not your relations...

Edited by Jacksgranda
Grandma