Prince Philip Deid

51 minutes ago, 101 said:

144 pages in the mail tomorrow just in case you haven't had quite enough Phil coverage

Presumably this is the stuff they were going to publish on his 100th birthday. Shame to waste it.

18 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes it said she was 13 on the TV bit too, when she visited Dartmouth with her parents and first met him.  That was all though.

So are you still denying the noncing or are you now just moving on to petty semantics about whether the BBC mentioned it explicitly or not?

20 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

You'd think that a mention in the obituaries section would suffice.

"loving grandfather to William, Zara, Peter, Beatrice, Eugenie, Peter, Louise & James"

Yeh I mean obviously there would be a news bit and then a bit on his life but I guess it's just the mail cashing in on the grief economy. Maybe it's because we are in Scotland but I don't think anyone is that bothered. It's all a bit meh, let the queen have her privacy and get on with things.

1 minute ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I think you've missed the joke.

Probably but seriously that's what the obituaries are for the mail are just going to end up reprinting what the Beeb have been harping on all day about its utterly pointless, the news of how he died when he died etc and then a page or 2 obituary. Job done.

His family have already said no flowers and yet brain donors keep rocking up with flowers which unless they were expressly asked for I thought it was the height of rudeness.

4 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I think you've missed the joke.

I'm a wee bit surprised with all the shenanigans going on with Harry and Meghan, the Royals haven't come out and said he was never one of us anyway.

Driving home there, just happened to have radio 4 on, some lickspittle banging on about how it was only really the daily mirror that found Phil's chat objectionable, and they were just trying to stir trouble - in reality (and as understood by the nation) he was just trying to lighten the mood and jolly people along by being authentic. Also seemingly the best dresser this guy has ever met. Plus a fantastic father. 

Firmly believe if he had his corpse there the words would have been muffled due to the massive necro-arselickout he was delivering. 

Edited by madwullie

13 minutes ago, virginton said:

In case anyone is wondering about the dissonance between Brexitland coverage and your current sentiment:

royalism_map.width-800.thumb.jpg.267552ff8e56b5cc0e3334d83c2beb5a.jpg

All ten most royalist areas are clearly fictional btw. 

i like how Northern Ireland is just not included.

Couldn't pay folk enough to go on the street and ask people if they like the Queen or not.

1 minute ago, virginton said:

It also justifies Berwick's relegation from the national leagues and hopeful expulsion to the Northern League where they quite clearly belong. 

Hopefully won’t be long until your team are back where they belong. League 1. Loser.