Prince Philip Deid

53 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

I dread to think what it’ll be like when The Queen goes.

Before today, I'd have guessed it would be sort of like this.

However, It'll need cranked up when it happens.  How you crank up from this, though, I've no idea.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

29 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

It is completely mental.

Cancelling the England vs France women's match and Hearts Alloa from broadcast tv. But still showing them online so for folk with a smart tv and good internet are only mildly inconvenienced if they wanted to watch these things. So not really a principle, just a sad bit of virtue siganalling.

Needing 5 channels to tell you Prince Philip is dead. No one was going to miss it ffs.

Aye, it was even on the internet.

11 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Before today, I'd have guessed it would be sort of like this.

However, It'll need cranked up when it happens.  How you crank up from this, though, I've no idea.

A army of replicant Nicholas Witchells programmed to chap on your door and offer you a hug?

Other than than that I doubt they can top the last nine hours.

47 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

It is completely mental.

Cancelling the England vs France women's match and Hearts Alloa from broadcast tv. But still showing them online so for folk with a smart tv and good internet are only mildly inconvenienced if they wanted to watch these things. So not really a principle, just a sad bit of virtue siganalling.

Needing 5 channels to tell you Prince Philip is dead. No one was going to miss it ffs.

He let his feelings be known on what kind of aftermath he wanted too, apparently.

0AB757E9-BA73-46C5-BC9A-1C618FB80B03.jpeg

39 minutes ago, virginton said:

The BBC have been bricking it since the 2019 election and are pandering to their Tory paymasters. 'Doing state events right' is their last card to play to keep hold of the licence fee. That's all there really is to explain this one. 

Haven't ITV, Channel 4, Sky etc also sacked their usual programming though?

1 hour ago, Hillonearth said:

Is it just me or are the TV companies totally overplaying this one? I got it with the Diana thing to an extent because it was a slight shock - though not to Phil obviously☠️☠️ - but we're talking about a 99 year old in poor health...we don't need wall-to-wall coverage to see us through it.

No, because apparently it was still a shock.

As I was frantically trying to find a radio station that didn't stop their usual broadcasting to announce the news and/or launch into an obituary, I heard one presenter say, "he was 99 years old and had been ill for some time but it was still a shock".

These people are clearly mad. How can anyone say that in sentence and not think, f**k did I just say that out loud, what an idiot!