Prince Philip Deid

Is it just me or are the TV companies totally overplaying this one? I got it with the Diana thing to an extent because it was a slight shock - though not to Phil obviously☠️☠️ - but we're talking about a 99 year old in poor health...we don't need wall-to-wall coverage to see us through it.

On the TV scheduling thing, the wife brought it up earlier which led to her being reminded, as she had inexplicably forgotten, about my vitriol towards "royalty".

Always gives me a tremendous buzz to tell her il accept her post of view if she just gives me one reason why any human should be born deserving of more respect than either her or me.

And as a wee extra after the last year, to ask her why we should specifically mourn this guy who made it to 99 courtesy of a life of pure luxury, wealth and the best health care on our buck, whilst over 100k people and counting have died having funded a health care system that was found seriously wanting in the face of a pandemic.

Real catharsis in rinsing those who revere the head of the snake tbqh.

3 minutes ago, Smokie_D said:

Forced public grief , what's going to happen when Liz drops?.

Fucking bank holidays all round hopefully.  Did read earlier we all get to go home from work on the day it happens.  she better go at about 9:30 AM on a weekday.

1 minute ago, Left Back said:

Fucking bank holidays all round hopefully.  Did read earlier we all get to go home from work on the day it happens.  she better go at about 9:30 AM on a weekday.

Gonna have to thrash out double time since I won't get to leave work. Thanks for the heads up. 

This attempt by all the broadcasters to make out that there is a national/international feeling of grief is frankly ridiculous. Blanket coverage of sycophants in black ties convinces no one. I dread to think what it’ll be like when The Queen goes.

4 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

This attempt by all the broadcasters to make out that there is a national/international feeling of grief is frankly ridiculous. Blanket coverage of sycophants in black ties convinces no one. I dread to think what it’ll be like when The Queen goes.

If it's possible, definitely time to be out of the country for a fortnight.

54 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Newsreaders crying on tv..none stop coverage and now this

Welcome to normal Island 

Aye and not just in the central areas like this video shows. I'm just back from a motorbike ride and saw two of these in South Norwood, a nice but rough, working class, largely Caribbean area right at the bottom of south London. Absolute weirdness.

Edited by Margaret Thatcher

17 minutes ago, Rugster said:

You're really claiming there's a parallel here then?

Rather foolish, given the several significant differences.  Still, it'll help with your membership of the wee club, so good luck with your enterprise.

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

Or Prokofiev, the Russian composer. His death got a single paragraph on page 116 of the leading Soviet music journal. Everything else was devoted to the death of Stalin the same day.

Best thing about today is that I've learned this. 

38 minutes ago, Left Back said:

That's a smokescreen so the government can create an easy list of anti-royalists they can f**k over.

I still signed it. If we ever reach the point where we get put up against the wall for hating the monarchy I want to be first to go.

19 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

On the TV scheduling thing, the wife brought it up earlier which led to her being reminded, as she had inexplicably forgotten, about my vitriol towards "royalty".

Always gives me a tremendous buzz to tell her il accept her post of view if she just gives me one reason why any human should be born deserving of more respect than me.

How many reasons did she come up with?

12 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

It’s a fairly transparent attempt at promoting “Britishness” in the hope it reminds those pesky nationalists in Scotland, Ireland and Wales of everything they love about the place.

I despise the RF but I'll understand it when she goes tbf. I just can't get my head around folk fawning over this racist old b*****d though. My wee cousin has been all over the Markle story (on her side) and the BLM movement. She then posts a picture of this p***k and a broken heart emoji. How many other folk will be in the same boat today?

Absolute 'Like' hungry c***s. Pathetic.