Prince Philip Deid

I see the usual sycophantic twats are giving it "All those saying they don't care sure seem to care!"
Well, I don't care that he's dead. I don't care that people are sad about it. What I do care about is that, for me and everyone else I know that's ever lost a parent or partner, the first few days are taken up with sitting in a GP's waiting room for a death certificate, taking it to the register office, going to the funeral directors, checking insurances and bank accounts to make sure you can pay for what's coming next, booking and paying for a reception, contacting dozens of people to let them know and doing a hundred other chores. If you're poor it means doing these things without a car and at a cost to yourself that you can ill afford. You'll probably need to squeeze it in among work and other responsibilities, like looking after your children. It often involves cancelling benefits (they will absolutely come for you if you don't), clearing out a room in a care home or sheltered housing and making arrangements for other elderly relatives to get cared for. 
These privileged, pampered, self-indulgent b*****ds will get all of this provided for them, and more, entirely at the expense of everyone else in the UK, including people who rely on food banks to feed their families. They have a standing army of flunkies who will take care of every last detail so that they can sit around with the grief - a luxury that none of the rest of us get to experience.
Did you know that you pay for someone to follow Prince Charles around wherever her goes carrying a red velvet cushion, which he uses whenever he sits down?
I have no sympathy and no respect for any of them or their servile subjects.
So what I'm here for is the memes and the jokes, because if we can't beat these bootlicking p***ks we might as well laugh at them.
Consider yourself awarded a standing ovation.

18 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Jeffrey Bernard, Mobuto Sese Seko and George Solti all died in the week after Diana.

So if you're an alky reporter, an African dictator or a great conductor I'd be worried.

Aldous Huxley and CS Lewis are the ultimate losers of this game.

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Aldous Huxley and CS Lewis are the ultimate losers of this game.

Or Prokofiev, the Russian composer. His death got a single paragraph on page 116 of the leading Soviet music journal. Everything else was devoted to the death of Stalin the same day.

4 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

It was a bit of a bugger for Prokofiev as well

Damn, you must have posted that while I was typing.

So how about Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson? 

Edited by GordonD

15 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
31 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:
Same sort of pish here. 

Screenshot_20210409-185938_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.c929a64ab29345d1f557fd15ff588373.jpg

"15:00pm" FFS.

I was actually having difficulty understanding that, tbh. :lol: