Prince Philip Deid

I couldn't care less about the royals and have been enjoying the various memes etc. However the media coverage has already become unbearable.

I don't really know what I expected. I guess I always thought that Prince Phillip was behind a few others in the Royal pecking order and would only occasionally come into the public eye after saying something mildly racist. It's going to be absolutely unbearable when the Queen finally snuffs it.

44 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

Don't need to. This company got a wee bit previous with their advertising though funnily enough they've now pulled it from their site. Not before I took a grab of the design though...

Goviers Exclusive H.R.H. Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh 100th Bi -  Goviers of Sidmouth

https://www.goviersofsidmouth.co.uk/products/goviers-exclusive-h-r-h-prince-philip-the-duke-of-edinburgh-100th-birthday-plate

Perfect for some Greek plate smashing! 😄

6 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I actually can’t believe that TV schedules are getting cancelled for this fucking nonsense. We truly live in a total joke of a country.

One wonders as to what might happen in a future Scotland, in a future world when President Stugeon dies.

5 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I wonder how many different euphemisms we'll get for 'racist old c**t' this week.

'Straight talking'

'Gaffes'

'Outspoken'

'Forthright'

"Bluntness"

"Robust"

I only came close to the old guy once back in 1990. He was visiting the ship named after his Mrs when I was working onboard at the time.
We were lined up as he walked through our department with the Captain and Ironically the person he stopped to have some ‘small talk’ with was a staunch republican from Belfast who had advised us previously that they had been present at Bobby Sands funeral. Unfortunately I was not privy to the conversation that they had.

1 minute ago, Hillonearth said:

I'd happened to Google it earlier on because it's the kind of thing my missus would find funny as f**k as a gift, but I'm guessing they're going to landfill...

They'll be sold privately at silly prices and end up as collectors' items on the Antiques Roadshow.

I only came close to the old guy once back in 1990. He was visiting the ship named after his Mrs when I was working onboard at the time.
We were lined up as he walked through our department with the Captain and Ironically the person he stopped to have some ‘small talk’ with was a staunch republican from Belfast who had advised us previously that they had been present at Bobby Sands funeral. Unfortunately I was not privy to the conversation that they had.
Can you be a staunch Republican?

I couldn't care less about the royals and have been enjoying the various memes etc. However the media coverage has already become unbearable.

I don't really know what I expected. I guess I always thought that Prince Phillip was behind a few others in the Royal pecking order and would only occasionally come into the public eye after saying something mildly racist. It's going to be absolutely unbearable when the Queen finally snuffs it.
The servile flag shagging losers won't even be able to pull out the "he killed Nazis!" card.