Prince Philip Deid

Just now, KingRocketman II said:

its beyond ridiculous. State enforced mourning and grieving. Why all BBC channels - what would be the justification for not restricting to one BBC channel? 

It's to remind that BBC viewers that they are plebs. 

No bread and circuses while the important people are grieving. 

3 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Oh please please please somebody do a Photoshop of Duke of Edinburgh 100th Birthday plates going cheap!

Don't need to. This company got a wee bit previous with their advertising though funnily enough they've now pulled it from their site. Not before I took a grab of the design though...

Goviers Exclusive H.R.H. Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh 100th Bi -  Goviers of Sidmouth

https://www.goviersofsidmouth.co.uk/products/goviers-exclusive-h-r-h-prince-philip-the-duke-of-edinburgh-100th-birthday-plate

2 minutes ago, Elric said:

Will they try and cancel the footie tomorrow as a mark of respect - did this not happen with Diana?

Scotland were playing Belarus in a qualifier and there was a big stushy about it being played on the day of Diana's funeral. McCoist and Goram refused to play. 

The game eventually got shifted to the Sunday. Not sure if it was on TV becuase I was in the ultimate hell of being a wee guy getting dragged round furniture shops with my parents during the game. 

My gran also banned me from playing outside during the funeral so when you combine that with the previous 5 weekdays of no Neighbours on TV it was a really challenging week for me. 

If I am honest I was more upset by the death of Paul Ritter earlier this week. A versatile actor and his role as the Dad in Friday Night Dinner was probably the last thing(other than football) that my whole family would watch and laugh at together.
The fact he was only slightly older than myself made it even more tragic than a 99 year old from a privileged background.

44 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes I know that.

I don't really want to slink away either though, cowed by them. 

I doubt if they behave this way in wider life, but on here they feel they have a licence to, and they get a bit high on it.

Back on topic, the coverage the BBC is giving this across TV and Radio really is ludicrous.  I'd have expected this frenzy for the Queen, but for him it's just nuts.

You want The Queen dead? Off to the Tower you go.