Prince Philip Deid

Was listening to talksport (I know, I know) in the kitchen when they broke the news. As they were discussing racism at the time when the bulletin came out, the following few minutes was some of the most deliciously awkward radio I have heard for a long time.

Edited by gannonball

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Fingers crossed there are many superspreaders amongst them 🙏

Most on here can only dream of being near a superspreader.

Just now, djchapsticks said:

In all honesty I'm raging with this coverage as it's gave away a massive spoiler for season 8 of The Crown.

If you didn't see that coming, that's on you.

It's how it happened that will be the big reveal...

Spoiler

Diana inhabited Meghan's body from beyond the grave and battered him to death with Andrew's little black book

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

If you didn't see that coming, that's on you.

It's how it happened that will be the big reveal...

Hide contents

Diana inhabited Meghan's body from beyond the grave and battered him to death with Andrew's little black book

What?! Diana's dead?!

Oh for fucks sake! No point in me even watching the next series now! Cheers Mark.

"Our correspondent has just arrived at Buckingham Palace. Give us a sense of what's happening there."

"It's very sombre..."

No shit. Thank God for these trained reporters who can make us feel as if we're actually there...

Class but expected. 
So..on the same day your clubs players and staff have taken a stand against racism via not using social media , their employers release a statement expressing sympathy in the passing of a racist . Class indeed .
Did Philip ever apologise to the "ragheads" ?

14 minutes ago, GordonD said:

"Our correspondent has just arrived at Buckingham Palace. Give us a sense of what's happening there."

"It's very sombre..."

No shit. Thank God for these trained reporters who can make us feel as if we're actually there...

:)

I can't understand why a new (breaking news) caption is rolling across the bottom of the screen on Beeb1.

Buckingham Palace confirms that the Duke of Edinburgh has died

Presumably someone's gone to check that he's still not breathing.

Edited by ICTJohnboy

In fairness, the guy bought me breakfast, lunch and dinner on a number of occasions through his wee award scheme. RIP.

Cancelling the schedule to show exactly the same thing on BBC1 and 2 is a riot :lol: