Prince Philip Deid

10 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

I hadf LBC on in the office - immediately envisaged the pre-prepared bolox eulogies coming over the horizon and switched straight to Planet Rock. Ah, that's better.

10 minutes later PR announce the death and say they'll be replacing the day's usual programming. Ah, bollox.

Half an hour later, we've had When a Blind Man Cries, some classical dirge, and now Planet Caravan. This might not be too much to endure for the sake of an extra holiday, tbf.

Reminds me of the day Diana died...i had a whole day in a tractor (hairst time) and every radio station was playing solemn music...it was horrendous.  Just put on the wireless to hear the Covid briefing (not sure if there was one plkanned anyway but BBC Scotland are just using some Radio 4 nonsense which I take it is being played on all channels....look  if I want to hear about some 99 yar old man dying I might tune into Radio 4 but absolutely no reason for every channel to cover it.

6 minutes ago, superwell87 said:

I've always preferred Pantera's cover of that than Sabbath's original to be honest. Still a great song though.

Now playing Miss You.. I like a bit of Aerosmith, but not appropriate at all when we're having a wee, "one less parasite" good day. Any good news is welcome these days. 

He's gone to the great vivarium in the sky. Instead of a minute's silence, we should all lie on a warm rock for a minute in tribute.

Edited by DA Baracus

I really don't get the mindset of people who get upset by this.

Even if you ignore the many, many, many examples of his racist behaviour, it's a 99 year old man, who you didn't know, who has died. Shame for his family, but that should be it. 

Yet you know there'll be scores of folk outside the Palace crying like they knew him because Barbara here met him in 1992 and he was a lovely man. f**k off Barbara.

9 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

That's him gone to bask in front of the great heat lamp in the sky.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

He's gone to the great vivarium in the sky. Instead of a minute's silence, we should all lie on a warm rock for a minute in tribute.

You've nailed the execution of that joke to be fair.

Far better than my effort.

5 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Now playing Miss You.. I like a bit of Aerosmith, but not appropriate at all when we're having a wee, "one less parasite" good day. Any good news is welcome these days. 

Wonder if they'll get around (or brave enough) to playing  Stone Cold or Since You've been Gone by Rainbow..... 

5 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

We've just had Little Wing - I love a bit of Laid-back Jimi on a sunny Friday.

..and now some poor work-experience kid is reading out his Wikipedia page. Time to pop into the nick and look busy, methinks. 

One thing screws do well is have some cracking jokes whenever someone notable throws a seven. I'll keep my ears open and report back..

Football teams clamouring over themselves to lick to Royal boot... Minter. 

Rangers, about to impose a social media silence because of racism, using social media to mourn a racist, minter. 

Edited by Bairnardo

1 minute ago, superwell87 said:

Wonder if they'll get around (or brave enough) to playing  Stone Cold or Since You've been Gone by Rainbow..... 

They did play Walking after You, by the foo Fighters. Nor sure about that, in all fairness. 

Just now, WhiteRoseKillie said:

They did play Walking after You, by the foo Fighters. Nor sure about that, in all fairness. 

Anyone know of a radio station that does requests in the afternoon that Pie and Bovril could call into.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Football teams clamouring over themselves to kick to Royal boot... Minter. 

Rangers, about to impose a social media silence because of racism, using social media to mourn a racist, minter. 

Again, Rangers were never imposing a social media silence on the clubs account. It's the players and the staff taking the silence, as per the statement released yesterday. Rangers tweeted the press conferences this morning.