Stenhousemuir v Queen’s Park

After watching the highlights, Grants first yellow was very harsh. He probably gave the ref a decision to make in fairness, but still harsh. Quitongo was pulled back, roughly the same area as Grant, but the Stenny player wasn’t booked. Grants second booking was just poor defending. The penalty was needless too. We can’t be too harsh though, can we. 

Down to ten men and the game was still under control. Gillespie MOTM for me. Bamboozled how Paterson got it on Twatter. 

Quitongo is exciting but deary me, the cut back was on 3 or 4 times and he chose to blast it over the bar from a tight angle. Is it not an achievement for a winger to get 3 assists in a game? He’s obviously not satisfied with his personal goal tally. McLean can’t beat a man as well as Quitongo but he does look for the cut back. Quitongo done extremely well for the 3rd goal in fairness. Most players would have took the foul but he charged on and set up Longridge. 

Annan should be fine on Tuesday. Tough run of fixtures after that. 

Edited by QPSpider1867

Lyon and Gillespie are superb quality n the middle and will run all day. Same with Doyle and Paterson/Robson. The work ethic of the players this season has been exemplary. 

The least fans demand of their team is they work hard for each other. We certainly haven't been short-changed this season. Full credit to the coaching staff for motivating them to do it.

Really enjoyed the game yesterday. Over the piece it was a dominant and efficient display which should of resulted in a couple further goals. We really look a different prospect with a fully fit Simon Murray back in the team, showing bundles of energy and enthusiasm to create and score goals. On another day he’d easily be scoring a hat trick with the chances that came his way. 

Was initially really disappointed to see Mchugh restored into the team but fair play to him, he linked the play really well, he finally got into goal scoring positions ( my biggest criticism of him) and scored a lovely goal. Let’s hope he continues this for the rest of the season. Gillepsie absolutely faultless in the midfield and it’s crazy to think of the quality of midfield options we’ve got in our ranks. Throughout the game, I forgot that Connell was actually missing which is a credit to the players for all stepping in and playing to an extremely high level 

Again, Quitongo was my Motm. Of course there were a couple of occasions where the cutback was the much more appropriate option but the way he stretches the opposition backline with his powerful runs and trickery is outstanding and very rare at this level. Every time he’s on the ball, you just know he’s going to beat his man and create chances 

Credit to the commentators also who were comfortably my favourite to listen to all season. A real knowledgeable insight to all the players and provided moments of hilarity also. Commentary was slightly ahead of play so I would of muted it normally but the insight was brilliant so kept it going 

Great result, great performance and hopefully more of the same on Tuesday 

Edited by qpfc

1 hour ago, qpfc said:

Credit to the commentators also who were comfortably my favourite to listen to all season. A real knowledgeable insight to all the players and provided moments of hilarity also. Commentary was slightly ahead of play so I would of muted it normally but the insight was brilliant so kept it going 

Thank you for your comments, the commentary issue with it being ahead seems to be a Pixellott issue as other teams are having that too. 

4 hours ago, Boris the Spider said:

https://spfl.co.uk/news/fixture-update-47615

Marvellous.

Mind you if results go our way we could be having a title winning party at 3pm.

I can only agree Boris, absolutely marvellous, common sense has prevailed and if results go our way we can all party.

Mine will a large G+T just like the Queen mum would have had.

2 hours ago, Dooflick said:

I can only agree Boris, absolutely marvellous, common sense has prevailed and if results go our way we can all party.

Mine will a large G+T just like the Queen mum would have had.

Be more than one if you want to emulate that old soak.

Better not celebrate too hard Dooflick if we win league on Sat.  Can't have you having a good time whilst the private funeral of a 99 year old man you never knew is taking place 440 miles away.

On 12/04/2021 at 23:53, Boris the Spider said:

Be more than one if you want to emulate that old soak.

Better not celebrate too hard Dooflick if we win league on Sat.  Can't have you having a good time whilst the private funeral of a 99 year old man you never knew is taking place 440 miles away.

How do you knew that I never met him smarty pants? As for being an old soak I have heard that you like a few malts on a Saturday night in the Social club.