Stenhousemuir v Queen’s Park

Thomas Halleran is fit, unfortunately he's a victim of a spiteful and vindictive management duo which does not help Stenny as Halleran, based on technical skills and ability, is a better option than the majority of the players you mention. 
No bias there that's for sure.

Thomas was a main stay at the start of the Irons age, he also had him at Gretna.

Unfortunately he has never really shown enough to warrant the should be starting tag (unless of course you are a friend/relation/thomas)

I like the wee man, has had his moments, just not enough.

On 09/04/2021 at 12:15, Big Badger said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if the Queen’s committee pushed to have this game postponed to mark the tragic death of Prince Phillip, aged 300.

What a stupid comment, even if it was meant as a joke.

Thought we were outstanding for the first hour. Subs killed the flow a bit, but understand the need for them with the number of games in a short period. Same story since we returned, the only complaint is that we didn't score more. Murray and McHugh lively and threatening, with Quitongo unplayable at times but frustrating with a couple of wrong decisions which would almost certainly have resulted in goals. Gillespie has been brilliant in that sort of unsung, dirty work role in the past couple of games. He was my MOTM. Again, really delighted with the three points and application of the squad.

Overall really pleased with that. The third goal was crucial coming so soon after the sending off.

First time Peter Grant has really been caught out like that so hopefully just a blip in an otherwise faultless league season for him .

The game stuttered to a halt really once Quitongo came off having been magnificent. Unplayable when he is on his game. His replacement McLean on the other hand.......

You could make a case for any of the central midfielders starting at the moment. Lyon was quiet today but Gillespie was great. Could be any 2 from 4 on Tuesday assuming Connell is fit.

17 minutes ago, Boris the Spider said:

Why is it? I remember QP playing GSTQ when her alkie sister in law died.

Lets hope we don't do something similar on Tuesday. At least I can turn on the mute button this time.

I would think that there might be an SPFL edict on this issued to all clubs.  I see that the funeral is 3.00pm on Saturday, so the games might be moved.

19 minutes ago, bobthespider said:

Enjoyed the game ..the streaming was good and I really liked the commentators who were knowledgeable and funny .

Thank you for the kind comments, greatly appreciated! 

2 minutes ago, Boris the Spider said:

Brilliant. All football moved because some old racist died.

Aye. Couldn't watch Hearts v Alloa on a TV channel because a 99 year old died of natural causes in London. Entirely normal country. 

Can't complain about the outcome but I'm disappointed we gave away three really cheap goals. If you're coming up against a team that's bigger and better than you, you have to make them work for it, but we lost two goals from set-pieces and one from a daft breakaway. Other than a 20-minute spell in the first half between the Simon Murray and Bob McHugh scoring where we gave them something to think about, Queen's Park coasted through the match.

The Spiders have looked a bit sluggish in the past but they're beginning to look exactly like they should - a full-time team in a poor part-time league - and you can see their quality all over the pitch. Grant Gillespie was the man of the match and looked so tidy at the base of the midfield; Louis Longridge had some great touches on the left; Simon Murray is a perpetual danger and could have had a hat-trick, especially from those wonderful lofted balls over the top; and, of course, Jai Quitongo, a powerhouse of a winger who is simply faster and stronger than everyone around him. Our boys were just bouncing off him at points. For all his qualities, he must be a frustrating player to watch given how selfish and wasteful he can be but he was miles ahead of anything we had to offer.

I thought Stenhousemuir might have made an unlikely comeback at the beginning of the second half when Peter Grant was sent off (Tam Muir made him uncomfortable throughout the match) but then chucked it away when our set-piece was cleared and our defence stopped working and Longridge slotted home the third. In some ways, it reminded me of England -vs- Scotland at Euro '96. From that point on, Queen's Park's game management was superb and other than the penalty kick, Muir's first goal for the club, they were wholly untroubled.

You can't really fault anyone in maroon for their effort but the relative quality was not there. Everyone worked hard, everyone did their best. As mentioned above, there was a spell in the first half where we equalled them without really getting in behind them before falling away. I'm always impressed by Muir's workrate, while Jack Bryden did well against two good strikers. I hope Jonathan Tiffoney isn't too badly injured because we will need him.

Two huge games coming up next week!