Jump to content
welldaft

Motherwell FC v Soft Penalty FC (St Mirren if there was any doubt)

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, welldaft said:


Normally I don’t go in for winding up or baiting fellow bottom 6 team fans

That much is clear. Keep practising mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

That much is clear. Keep practising mate.

Not really. It is a mugs game.  It is clear there are many better proponents than myself. 

When a handful of Well fans start green dotting inane St Mirren fan responses you know the game is up.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d be more confident if this was an away game.

I had people round my garden last weekend and didn’t really watch our game despite it being on in the background. Was it a 442 in the end? Alexander apparently has previous for not changing a winning team so I wouldn’t be surprised if we play the same team again.

Just win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Not really. It is a mugs game.  It is clear there are many better proponents than myself. 

When a handful of Well fans start green dotting inane St Mirren fan responses you know the game is up.  

Fair enough. Your rant has spiced things up to an extent, though: the fallout if we get a soft penalty now will be beyond delicious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Fair enough. Your rant has spiced things up to an extent, though: the fallout if we get a soft penalty now will be beyond delicious.

What do you mean if 🤔😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've drawn both games with St Mirren under Alexander.

Alexander's first game was the 1-1 with the soft penalty and since then we've taken exactly the same number of points as Saints having played a game less, which seems odd given the relative happiness of the respective fanbases with how the season's gone.

Tbh, I'd take a draw here just to get another game closer to ending this absolute shitshow of a season.

2020774831_ScreenShot2021-04-08at21_26_31.png.4caeabcd4dc52a73d807acd7a490b453.png

Edited by capt_oats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lets get a win here to help secure our place for next seasons Premiership. then focus on repeating our 2018 cup run in the Scottish Cup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Lets get a win here to help secure our place for next seasons Premiership. then focus on repeating our 2018 cup run in the Scottish Cup.

Wouldn't you rather repeat your 1991 cup run?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Wouldn't you rather repeat your 1991 cup run?

Not enough bloody noses

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, GAD said:

Has a match thread ever opened with a complete heads gone in the first post before? This must be a record surely?

To quote Tony Watt AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Angry Season 6 GIF by The Office

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Torfason said:

To quote Tony Watt AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Angry Season 6 GIF by The Office

Tony got it wrong, he wasn’t in the box

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ropy said:

Tony got it wrong, he wasn’t in the box

He got it wrong when he screamed like a fucken bitch with little or no contact from Durmus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, glenburn bud said:

He got it wrong when he screamed like a fucken bitch with little or no contact from Durmus. 

Goodwin heard the contact 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Motherwell victory for no other reason than it's my birthday and we never win on my birthday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Stu said:

Motherwell victory for no other reason than it's my birthday and we never win on my birthday.

Snap, but vice versa.  So cosmic karma evens out and it's a nailed-on draw.

Happy birthday (with the one caveat) for tomorrow ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Stu said:

Motherwell victory for no other reason than it's my birthday and we never win on my birthday.

The last time we won a league game on the 10th of April was 1954. We won the Scottish Cup on that date in 1926.

Tomorrow will be the 22nd anniversary of the soapdodgers last competitive win in Paisley.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ropy said:

Goodwin heard the contact 

When the big centre back clattered into the back of Erwin ? I agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

The last time we won a league game on the 10th of April was 1954. We won the Scottish Cup on that date in 1926.

Tomorrow will be the 22nd anniversary of the soapdodgers last competitive win in Paisley.

Aye, the last time we lost on my birthday (think it was when we could have won the league in 2018) I had a look at the stats as I couldn't remember us having won on that date. Didn't think our record was quite as bad as it was though - I wonder if we have  an unluckier date?! The Scottish Cup win obviously balances that out though.

Thankfully I was on holiday and missed that soapdodgers game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be really good to inflict a heavy defeat on Motherwell to see how they react in the weeks to come.  I’d love to see them relegated via the playoffs.

Erwin must be around 100-1 to score anytime. 😂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

When the big centre back clattered into the back of Erwin ? I agree.

It's been quite rough for Lee. You can see he's been a shadow of the player he once was since that tackle. The threat of being halved by a centre back again is clearly playing on his mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...