Motherwell FC v Soft Penalty FC (St Mirren if there was any doubt)

1 minute ago, Torfason said:

I’m not sure, I thought the Cup Winning team of 1987 was better as was the team that won the League Cup in 2013 but fair enough. 😉

Tbf, only one Saints supporter claimed this slightly outlandish opinion. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

They're finishing 9th, and the meltdown from their fans/Goodwin is going to be absolutely fucking delicious.

We've had a decent season regardless of our finish now. A 9th place finish all things considered will not lead to a meltdown, sorry to disappoint. The pressure will be on next season however when the astronomical wages kick in with Brophy's permanent move. 

St Johnstone, and now Motherwell, fans desperately pining for their team to finish above this St Mirren side show that we are well regarded and used as a barometer of their success. We just need to build on it next season and not allow these types of teams to be able to gauge the success of their season against us. 

13 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

St Johnstone, and now Motherwell, fans desperately pining for their team to finish above this St Mirren side show that we are well regarded and used as a barometer of their success. 

It's because the vast majority of your fanbase, and your manager, are absolute wankers I'm afraid.

Sorry.

16 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

We've had a decent season regardless of our finish now. A 9th place finish all things considered will not lead to a meltdown, sorry to disappoint. The pressure will be on next season however when the astronomical wages kick in with Brophy's permanent move. 

St Johnstone, and now Motherwell, fans desperately pining for their team to finish above this St Mirren side show that we are well regarded and used as a barometer of their success. We just need to build on it next season and not allow these types of teams to be able to gauge the success of their season against us. 

Actually you are the barometer of failure.

8 hours ago, Munoz said:

Talking of decent records - we're undefeated against you lot since Dec 2019.

That will obviously go at some point,  just not today.

Saints win 2-1 ( 2 pens obviously).

Today

1 hour ago, Torfason said:

I’m not sure, I thought the Cup Winning team of 1987 was better as was the team that won the League Cup in 2013 but fair enough. 😉

I think the cup winning team of 2013 would beat this team in a do or die relegation decider or a cup semi that was on the TV or something, but would lose every run of the mill league game.

17 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I'd like us to be pushing for 7th regardless.

Pretty much this, for me. I prefer to be looking up rather than down, regardless of who's above us or below us.

Until very recently I couldn't have told you how we'd performed compared to St Mirren or most other teams. If someone had told me Saints had finished above us three times in the last decade I'd probably just have shrugged and said, yeh, that sounds about right, seven out of ten isn't bad though.

I am therefore delighted to discover that they have actually been our bitches for more than three decades now. 

47 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's because the vast majority of your fanbase, and your manager, are absolute wankers I'm afraid.

Sorry.

That’s a bold statement considering your fans on here are the most arrogant wankers anywhere on this site. 

5 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

That’s a bold statement considering your fans on here are the most arrogant wankers anywhere on this site. 

At least we have the, relative, success to back it up.

Your diddy yo-yo club can only celebrate the achievements of former players.

52 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Sorry.

I can only guess the steam from your soaking (we’re getting relegated) knickers drying is affecting your judgment fella.

However speaking of wankers, don’t worry as even you will meet a woman one day 😂

45 minutes ago, GAD said:

I think the cup winning team of 2013 would beat this team in a do or die relegation decider or a cup semi that was on the TV or something, but would lose every run of the mill league game.

Only if they both had the same managers 😛

2 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

happy birthday mate

Yup, another one for the lengthy list. I knew as soon as we got the penalty we'd miss purely because of the date 🤣

Think our season will fizzle out now, which would be a shame.

42 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Was always going to happen at some point (today).

At least now when we play you in the Scottish Cup Semi, we'll be due a win.

Based on today the only semi both sets of fans will see is whats down their pants

33 minutes ago, Torfason said:

I can only guess the steam from your soaking (we’re getting relegated) knickers drying is affecting your judgment fella.

However speaking of wankers, don’t worry as even you will meet a woman one day 😂

I've been married for a while now m8, why do you think I spend so much time on here?

3 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

The only other undeserved win we’ve had this season from memory was at Rugby park so we were overdue one.

Brutal to watch at times today but I wouldn't go as far as to say undeserved

While we didn't have lots of the ball, I still felt like we created plenty of good chances. Cole alone could have had a hat-trick, Long missed when clean through on goal and Campbell probably should have buried his chance as well. St Mirren certainly started much brighter but things kind of fizzled out for them after the penalty miss.

That midfield needs a complete rebuild. Thought McGinley was in for a doing early doors against Connelly but he stuck at it and had a very decent game in the end- especially compared to the best right back in Scotland on the other side who had an absolute shocker. Signing Kelly on loan and Alexander sticking Cole through the middle has saved our season. Another big save from the former today while 9 goals in 15 games under Alexander is a ridiculous return from the latter.

Anyway, job done by Alexander and with games to spare- not bad considering large swathes of our support had us relegated in January.

Edited by Casagolda

6 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

Brutal to watch at times today but I wouldn't go as far as to say undeserved

While we didn't have lots of the ball, I still felt like we created plenty of good chances. Cole alone could have had a hat-trick, Long missed when clean through on goal and Campbell probably should have buried his chance as well. St Mirren certainly started much brighter but things kind of fizzled out for them after the penalty miss

That midfield needs a complete rebuild. Thought McGinley was in for a doing early doors against Connelly but he stuck at it and had a very decent game in the end- especially compared to the best right back in Scotland on the other side who had an absolute shocker. Signing Kelly on loan and Alexander sticking Cole through the middle has saved our season. Another big save from the former today while 9 goals in 15 games under Alexander is a ridiculous return from the latter.

Anyway, job done by Alexander and with games to spare- not bad considering large swathes of our support had us relegated in January.

Some of our support have us down as the worst Motherwell team of all time and certs for relegation every season. Even this season we have what’s probably a mid table team when most of the squad are fit. The standard in the Scottish Premiership is not that high.