Motherwell FC v Soft Penalty FC (St Mirren if there was any doubt)

As per title. 

We will need to score at least 2 possibly 3 goals to make up for the softest of penalties that St Mirren are bound to be awarded.

Not sure whether it will be for a non contact tackle in the box or a St Mirren player tripping over a blade of grass or because he felt contact when the Motherwell player was still in the home dressing room. It will happen...becoming a weekly occurrence and Brian Rice was correct to highlight.

A win for us will probably be enough so the sooner we get it the better.  Would be nice to finish 7th but I expect 7th, 8th and 9th place to stay as is.

My main fear is that Dec has been interviewed saying how we should finish the season strongly for the fans. Q a 3-0 defeat ! Normally what happens after such talk. 

I will go for a 2-2 draw. McGrath with 2 Pens for St Mirren and a goal each for Cole and Long for the mighty....

As per title. 
We will need to score at least 2 possibly 3 goals to make up for the softest of penalties that St Mirren are bound to be awarded.
Not sure whether it will be for a non contact tackle in the box or a St Mirren player tripping over a blade of grass or because he felt contact when the Motherwell player was still in the home dressing room. It will happen...becoming a weekly occurrence and Brian Rice was correct to highlight.
A win for us will probably be enough so the sooner we get it the better.  Would be nice to finish 7th but I expect 7th, 8th and 9th place to stay as is.
My main fear is that Dec has been interviewed saying how we should finish the season strongly for the fans. Q a 3-0 defeat ! Normally what happens after such talk. 
I will go for a 2-2 draw. McGrath with 2 Pens for St Mirren and a goal each for Cole and Long for the mighty....
Do you think St Mirren will get a penalty?

11 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

In normal circumstances I do not condone any sort of cheating/diving. Against Motherwell it is all I want to see from the St Mirren players. 

Tune in then 

33 minutes ago, welldaft said:

I'll be raging if we only get 2 penalties. Jim Goodwin will need to intimidate more referees in that case. 

Sure, the thumping of Skidmark FC last weekend in the cup was good, but there's still a bad taste over St Mirren being in the same half of the league as Motherwell for the last 5 games. 

As poor as Motherwell have been earlier in the season, they've come on to a bit of form just as the world (me) was expecting them to self implode and join in with a LOL-tastic relegation fight with Hamilton.  

Obviously we'll get 4 or 5 really soft penalties and McGrath will despach them all perfectly, so a win for the Mighty Buds.  

Last time i was in Motherwell was the 4-4 midweek game in the cup.  A game of 2 halves if there ever was one.  I think we won on penalties that night too... 

4 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

To be fair, I can see where welldaft is coming from. St Mirren did get 5 penalties in one game at Fir Park in the cup last season.

Not a single one was a foul either. Disgusting.

1 hour ago, GAD said:

Has a match thread ever opened with a complete heads gone in the first post before? This must be a record surely?

Just joshing GAD. 
Normally I don’t go in for winding up or baiting fellow bottom 6 team fans but I had to make an exception and it seems to have worked. 
The truth is I am only mildly angst ridden over recent St Mirren penalties. 
Karma was served up at the death in the last game.....incoming.....

Big game which will set the tone for the post-split fixtures for us - a win against Well would pretty much guarantee us finishing above them.

Now it has been established we are the big club it only remains for us to decide when we gat our soft penalty - 37 mins for me!

8 minutes ago, btb said:

Big game which will set the tone for the post-split fixtures for us - a win against Well would pretty much guarantee us finishing above them.

Now it has been established we are the big club it only remains for us to decide when we gat our soft penalty - 37 mins for me!

Is it not usually a second half thing?