Motherwell FC v Soft Penalty FC (St Mirren if there was any doubt)

5 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

Brutal to watch at times today but I wouldn't go as far as to say undeserved

While we didn't have lots of the ball, I still felt like we created plenty of good chances. Cole alone could have had a hat-trick, Long missed when clean through on goal and Campbell probably should have buried his chance as well. St Mirren certainly started much brighter but things kind of fizzled out for them after the penalty miss

That midfield needs a complete rebuild. Thought McGinley was in for a doing early doors against Connelly but he stuck at it and had a very decent game in the end- especially compared to the best right back in Scotland on the other side who had an absolute shocker. Signing Kelly on loan and Alexander sticking Cole through the middle has saved our season. Another big save from the former today while 9 goals in 15 games under Alexander is a ridiculous return from the latter.

Anyway, job done by Alexander and with games to spare- not bad considering large swathes of our support had us relegated in January.

Lawless was absolutely howling in midfield. He wasn't doing anything. He couldn't get on the ball and he couldn't near a man to make a tackle. Like playing a man down in the first half. Definitely not someone who can play in a 3 man midfield in the prem.

with cole on the park you always know there is someone who can put the ball in the net. Completely different to Tony Watt who can have a great game but fail to convert the chances that come his way.

SOD nearly gave St Mirren 3 goals today. The tackle for the penalty was ridiculous and his attempt at controlling a ball in our box was laughable.

I think Alexander has come in and been a bit more pragmatic and I thought we looked at our shakiest today when we were just thinking about playing the ball out from keeper.  Our whole game plan is based on a being combative up the park. Drawing the whole team back to try and pass through teams draws our players away from the areas where they can do damage. Play long balls, win the scraps and exploit mistakes in the opponents defense.

How did the penalty kick compare to the others he has scored? Has he always side footed it? It looked lazy, but would have looked great if the keeper had gone the other way,
Only time he has rattled one in was against United into the top corner. That was our 2nd (naturally) in the same game.

Hes sent the keeper the wrong way every other time, apart from yesterday obviously.

Ironically I thought that was the poorest Motherwell have been against us all season and they won.

1 minute ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Only time he has rattled one in was against United into the top corner. That was our 2nd (naturally) in the same game.

Hes sent the keeper the wrong way every other time, apart from yesterday obviously.

Ironically I thought that was the poorest Motherwell have been against us all season and they won.

We grew into the game, then did enough, then slunk back to defend what we had.