Motherwell FC v Soft Penalty FC (St Mirren if there was any doubt)

Sick of saying this but we didn't take advantage of being the better team in the first half, then we were nowhere near good enough in the second half. Too negative from Jim again, overloading the midfield meant we won the 50:50s but we didn't get enough bodies forward. Erwin played well but was too isolated and why we didn't change to two up top is beyond me. Connolly is worse than a man down when he's having an off day.

The only other undeserved win we’ve had this season from memory was at Rugby park so we were overdue one.

It was good to see Cole keep his scoring run going and Long looking dangerous at times. What are we making of McGinley at left back? I thought he looks decent. Hopefully Roberts injury isn’t too bad.

SOD did his best to deny us a clean sheet.

It was good to see Mount Besuvius and O’Hara back.

7 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

That was an entertaining game for a dead rubber. Thought we were the better side but in saying that, Motherwell created more clear cut chances. 

For all the talk of soft penalties we had a stone waller waved away today. 

Wasn’t soft

2 minutes ago, Gareth_Glasgow said:

Sick of saying this but we didn't take advantage of being the better team in the first half, then we were nowhere near good enough in the second half. Too negative from Jim again, overloading the midfield meant we won the 50:50s but we didn't get enough bodies forward. Erwin played well but was too isolated and why we didn't change to two up top is beyond me. Connolly is worse than a man down when he's having an off day.

I thought Connolly was giving us a horrible time of it in the first half tbf. Clearly didn't come back out the dressing room after half time though.

1 minute ago, Gianfranco said:

The only other undeserved win we’ve had this season from memory was at Rugby park so we were overdue one.

It was good to see Cole keep his scoring run going and Long looking dangerous at times. What are we making of McGinley at left back? I thought he looks decent. Hopefully Roberts injury isn’t too bad.

SOD did his best to deny us a clean sheet.

It was good to see Mount Besuvius and O’Hara back.

To be fair, Motherwell did have a few chances, it wasn't fully underserved. Disappointing for us though. Can see the league just fizzling out now. Hopefully bwe can lift it for the cup.

8 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

That was an entertaining game for a dead rubber. Thought we were the better side but in saying that, Motherwell created more clear cut chances. 

For all the talk of soft penalties we had a stone waller waved away today. 

Karma is such a bitch.

1 minute ago, well fan for life said:

I thought Connolly was giving us a horrible time of it in the first half tbf. Clearly didn't come back out the dressing room after half time though.

In the first half he got a lot of joy by running at people. In the second half he seemed to just want to cross it from deep. 

1 minute ago, well fan for life said:

Classic old school winger stuff isn't it? No consistency at all. One of these guys who's form doesn't just fluctuate every game, but every 15 minutes.

Over the 90 mins a draw would have probably been the fair result. 

Obika was a big miss today, had he been playing I don't think we'd have lost. 

Once Motherwell got their goal,  we struggled to break them down.

2 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

The best St Mirren team in 35 years two points ahead of an absolute gang of a Motherwell side is it?

They're finishing 9th, and the meltdown from their fans/Goodwin is going to be absolutely fucking delicious.

2 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Over the 90 mins a draw would have probably been the fair result. 

Obika was a big miss today, had he been playing I don't think we'd have lost. 

Once Motherwell got their goal,  we struggled to break them down.

Happy to give you a draw

5 minutes ago, ropy said:

Is that direct relegation off the table?

I think it is all but mathematically confirmed. There are 12 points tobplay for and we are 11 points ahead of Hamilton. We are also 9 ahead of Kilmarnock and 7 ahead of Ross County. 

Hamilton have to win all 4 games (which means killy and county will have to drop 3 points each). killy would need to win the other 3 matches and county could win 2 and draw 1. 

Its still possible but itbcould happen. 1 win will confirm automatic safety and most likely the play off spot as well.

8 minutes ago, ropy said:

Is that direct relegation off the table?

1 minute ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Not yet. there needs to be a very specific set of result

Accies win all 4 left

Killie win 3 (lose to Accies)

County win 3 (lose to Accies)

County can't win 3 if Accies win 4 and Killie win 3

Just now, YassinMoutaouakil said:

You have to say, Welldaft has played an absolute blinder here

Yeah:

• Soft penalty - check
  • Saved soft penalty - check
  • Stonewall penalty denied - check