Rangers v Hibs - Sunday 11th

5 minutes ago, G51 said:

Wasn’t a penalty but wasn’t a dive either. Tough one for Boyle.

I’m not sure. The angle from behind the goal made it seem like a Boyle threw his left leg out from his body to make contact with Goldson and went down. I’d need to see it again.

Edited by AJF

1 minute ago, G51 said:

Hibs really showing why they were one of the best counter attacking teams in the league this year. A really good midfield base and Boyle’s pace is an incredible asset. 

But had 2 good chances and not put one between the sticks. Cant afford that against a team as good as rangers.

2 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

But had 2 good chances and not put one between the sticks. Cant afford that against a team as good as rangers.

No but it’s a well organised team that knows how it wants to attack and defend, with the players to execute that.

A couple of better decisions and this game is level at half time.

Hibs finding good space in between Barisic and Helander to get us turned and heading back towards our goal.

Fairly even game so I’m pleased we are getting in at the break 1 up.

Just saw the replay, Gogic really needed to go with Aribo as Newell had to go out to the right.

Wasnt tight enough.

That goal was important, because  - go for it 2nd half (as we must) and we will leave gaps at the back.

If Rangers then get a 2nd goal we wont get back into it.

4 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Just saw the replay, Gogic really needed to go with Aribo as Newell had to go out to the right.

Wasnt tight enough.

That goal was important, because  - go for it 2nd half (as we must) and we will leave gaps at the back.

If Rangers then get a 2nd goal we wont get back into it.

I’d normally agree but Hibs seem to be creating chances since the goal without leaving themselves too vulnerable.

The thing that our coaching seem to do well though is make small tweaks during a match to swing it in our favour so I’m hoping they do so again for the second half.

Just now, AJF said:

The thing that our coaching seem to do well though is make small tweaks during a match

Who is the "brains" behind the tactical changes - Is it Gerrard or do the other guys have much input?

Nesbit looks like he’s ready to move to a bigger stage. Hibs are looking dangerous when they go back to front quickly especially down their right. Rangers have to quicken up the movement of the ball at times. Sometimes seems a bit slow and that’s when Hibs have been breaking well.