Montrose v Airdrieonians

If Falkirk are the ideal team for Airdrie to play Montrose are probably the antithesis of that. Well organised, difficult to break down, players who play in their best positions and know exactly what their role is in the team and the best manager in the league. We’ve seen this before with Ian Murray’s Airdrie team - a great result and performance followed by a miserable defeat. That being said, we’ve won at Links Park a couple of times in the last few seasons and we can hopefully go into this with some confidence. I think this game will tell us a lot about how the rest of our season will go. If we can win that should hopefully secure us a place in the top 5 at the very least after the 18 games. Here’s hoping Paul Paton will be back in the midfield and Jack McKay will be dropped to the bench (though I wouldn’t put my money on that). 

Looking forward to seeing Links Park and the arrival of my match programme. 

As said on other posts, a huge game for both teams. A win for either would almost cement a top 5 finish. 
Too many recent draws have left us in the scrap for top a 5 place and certain play off spot. Hopefully we can get the win tomorrow but it will be a very close one.

Not much in till that good bit of footwork and shot from CFB, but we have offered a few shooting chances from the box as we don't really have a midfield today apart from Turner. O'Reilly/Carrick appear to be in the same area, and the McKay guy wide right , could be sitting in the stand for all the use he is. All the positives are that we have worked hard but that is surely the minimum. Montrose are much m ore composed and capable of working openings, and of course ex Montrose, Crighton, forgot he was supposed to defend for us and not score for them. To be fair we should have stopped Webster's hopeful cross. This was  a team I did not want to have to play again before the 18, but what does that say about the post split prospects?  coming back from 2down  I have only seen once in the last 5 seasons! 

4 minutes ago, Diamond Oracle said:

Despite how poor a position we look in, a draw wouldn’t be a bad result here with Forfar to play at home on Tuesday. We need to be far more clinical here though, that’s a few good chances we’ve squandered.

Our finishing is woeful. Must be about 3-6 shots we’ve blazed over the bar.