Peterhead vs Thistle - 10th April

51 minutes ago, Balmoor Boy said:

He's kept himself in good nick and a goal scorer never loses that instinct - you better hope he doesn't come back to haunt you today! 

Does he still have the world's whitest teeth?

tough watch that  both in terms of the stream itself (camera following a seagull a particular lowlight) and the game, but I will take 1-0 all day. Surprised Peterhead kept hitting outswingers when they got corners on the far side, I'd be landing it on top of Sneddon at every opportunity if I was them.

Convincing stuff, although Peterhead were really poor throughout, but in particular in the second half. Rudden’s miss was classic Rudden stuff, and Blair Lyons managed to put in a decent ball which is almost certainly the best moment of his Thistle career so far.

MacIver doesn’t seem to be particularly good, but still better than Rudden. He seems to sometimes win headers at least. Bell and Brownlie got through that without any calamities as well, which is nice even if Peterhead put them under no pressure whatsoever.

Onto Tuesday now.

Far more convincing than I expected it would be. Peterhead had what seemed like about 20 corners in the first half but none of them really threatened, and then the second half was as comfortable a half of football as we've had in a long time.

A very comfortable win for us in the end. Thought we did some good things going forward. The defence didn’t have much to do barring the flurry of corners Peterhead had in the first half. 
A good result today, we need to now take it into Tuesday and Thursday and if we do it would put us back in contention for the title.

Derek Lyle is probably fitter than most of the team but at 40 years old does not want to get involved in the physical side possibly getting injured which is understandable think his role is more a coaching one. The big hope striker wise is Ben Armour when fit he has improved but dont think he has ever been prolific. As soon as we went one down knew the best we could hope for was a  1-1. We were in a similar situation once and looked to be too good to go down but managed to lose games quite easily. Said the other week would be happy to knock it on the head after 18 games as we should be able to hold on to 8th place after 22 games not so confident.