Peterhead vs Thistle - 10th April

The home game against Peterhead was a low point before the lockdown. We really need to be winning this given we’ll likely be sixth by kickoff.

McCall, please drop Sena for f**k sake. Bell and Brownlie at centre half, and I’d rather Penrice to Foster at left back. 

Yet another must win. 3 years littered with must wins and little to show for it. We as a club, seem to be nowhere near being up for it in any game bar last weekends games first half against a bigger team. WTF is going on at firhill, at training or where ever we are playing these days. None of the team seems motivated to start games on the front foot.

Agree with @oneteaminglasgow despite being a ray of sunshine pre last lockdown, senna seems to have crashed and burned and needs a short break to protect him? I'd have thought after three managers and at least 6 transfer windows we would have sorted the defence by now. But please not a return for o'ware.

We have to click at some point but I doubt it will be peterhied😡

Edited by banditjag

1 hour ago, banditjag said:

senna seems to have crashed and burned

Too soon IMO, only been 27 years

Spoiler

image.png.261c0d33cd7123a24403d9bd2ad5ad2f.png

McKenna hasn't done much wrong and neither has Brownlie so they should be CBs for now. I doubt we'll see O'Ware again this season, and I don't want to check if he's under contract for next in case the answer is yes.

Cardle has a seemingly infinite cycle which goes comes on as sub,  plays well- > starts next game, plays badly -> starts again, subbed, -> starts next game on bench, comes on as sub, plays well etc. So he'll be shite.

If we lose the first goal here we'll struggle much like the last game.

31 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

McKenna hasn't done much wrong and neither has Brownlie so they should be CBs for now. I doubt we'll see O'Ware again this season, and I don't want to check if he's under contract for next in case the answer is yes.

Smart move. If you never check then you'll never be disappointed when he lines up for us in the league cup in July.

36 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_div_1/4372896.stm

one of my first Thistle games I think, would be morbidly curious to see how that Thistle team would fare against the current one.

That was an awful team too and despite a couple of decent players had far less ability than the current gang. However, a lot more of that squad had a winning mentality which may give them an edge over the current team.

We have missed lots of chances since the restart of getting ourselves in a comfortable position by not beating team around us, apart from the Clyde game where we were poor we have made chances but do not have a natural goal scorer. We need a result on saturday of some sort as it looks as if the 22 games are going to take place & we will end up playing those teams again that we have just struggled with, not convinced we have the mentality for a real relegation battle as most have been saying for a while we should be safe enough, sorry am not convinced.

20 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Too soon IMO, only been 27 years

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.261c0d33cd7123a24403d9bd2ad5ad2f.png

Cardle has a seemingly infinite cycle which goes comes on as sub,  plays well- > starts next game, plays badly -> starts again, subbed, -> starts next game on bench, comes on as sub, plays well etc. So he'll be shite.

If we lose the first goal here we'll struggle much like the last game.

I can be your straight man.🤣

Senna will be a good player, I've no doubt, especially at this level.  He's young, much to learn but will improve. Just needs to be managed by benching for now. Agree McKenna and brownlee for me too.

Agree with your Cardle assessment as well which is worrying because he's our most creative player. We are mentally too weak as a collective to turn around going behind into a win very often. Hoping for a shut out and a sneaky 1 nil but expecting the worst.

I’m not confident in us not conceding. I think we can maybe scrape a 2-1 win in a scrappy game. Not expecting much quality as every league game since the restart has been cagey and pretty poor.

On 09/04/2021 at 10:19, peternapper said:

We have missed lots of chances since the restart of getting ourselves in a comfortable position by not beating team around us, apart from the Clyde game where we were poor we have made chances but do not have a natural goal scorer. We need a result on saturday of some sort as it looks as if the 22 games are going to take place & we will end up playing those teams again that we have just struggled with, not convinced we have the mentality for a real relegation battle as most have been saying for a while we should be safe enough, sorry am not convinced.

Why not start with Derek Lyle up front as he is a proven goal scorer, even though he hasn't got the legs now - he might just snap up some of the chances we are making. With Cove v Dumbarton and Falkirk v Clyde today and results go our way, our aim must be not to lose and get dragged into the relegation dogfight.

34 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

It continues to surprise me that someone who played for us last century is still kicking about at a decent level.

He's kept himself in good nick and a goal scorer never loses that instinct - you better hope he doesn't come back to haunt you today!