Dumbarton vs East Fife

Layne still out according to the match preview, so we'll have to settle for not scoring again. Which is a shame.

With Forfar playing Clyde tonight this is absolutely huge. We could, deservedly, drop to the foot of the table. And it doesn't seem to matter what players or formation Duffy puts on the pitch. We just can't find a way to get the ball into the net. This will be the 11th game I'll have co-comm'd on. We've scored in two of them - and one of those games was against Huntly. That is absolutely desperate stuff.

Hoping for 90 minutes of No Nonsense Nick McAllister bamming East Fife players up. Anything beyond that is a bonus.

Edit: Hopefully wee James Wallace gets a start. He's looked lively every time I've seen him. I'd like to see him get a decent opportunity tonight.

Edited by Jan Vojáček

5 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Layne still out according to the match preview, so we'll have to settle for not scoring again. Which is a shame.

With Forfar playing Clyde tonight this is absolutely huge. We could, deservedly, drop to the foot of the table. And it doesn't seem to matter what players or formation Duffy puts on the pitch. We just can't find a way to get the ball into the net. This will be the 11th game I'll have co-comm'd on. We've scored in two of them - and one of those games was against Huntly. That is absolutely desperate stuff.

Hoping for 90 minutes of No Nonsense Nick McAllister bamming East Fife players up. Anything beyond that is a bonus.

Edit: Hopefully wee James Wallace gets a start. He's looked lively every time I've seen him. I'd like to see him get a decent opportunity tonight.

Re the highlight above I'm throwing down a challenge to both Jim Duffy and then players.  If Sam Wardrop is fit and ready to play then go absolutely 100% mental Jim and keeping young McAllister at right-back, pitch Sam into right midfield to see if pace and the ability to get up and down the park is of any benefit - maybe we'll all be shocked, and Carsy might get to enjoy a rest tonight.

Secondly, to the players, go out and try your best, enjoy it, and completely ignore the guy shouting at you from the side of the pitch. 

10 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Any chance that the game could be in any doubt? I just spoke to the paper's photographer who informed me it was "pissing down" in Alexandria at the moment. 

I wouldn't think so, it's been pretty dry for much of the week. Would need to be horrendous rainfall surely. 

I would agree with calls for McAllister to keep his place at right back and for Wallace to start up front. I also overwhelmingly agree with the assertion that Carswell should sit out, he's probably one of the biggest reasons we don't create. I've lost count of the number of times he's lost possession this season, more often than not in extremely simple scenarios too.

I'd like to see us line up as follows:

Ramsbottom

McAllister -- McGeever -- Neill -- Quitongo

Wedderburn -- Brindley

Frizzell -- Omar -- Crossan

Wallace

I'm unsure about Wardrop at right mid, he'll be more inclined to sit defensively and I think it's time we just started launching guys forward. The above gives us 4 midgets who all like to play with the ball at their feet, it might force is to stop launching long balls. It also allows Omar to go past people in central areas to create stuff as I feel he got a bit isolated out wide the other night. 

50 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I wouldn't think so, it's been pretty dry for much of the week. Would need to be horrendous rainfall surely. 

I would agree with calls for McAllister to keep his place at right back and for Wallace to start up front. I also overwhelmingly agree with the assertion that Carswell should sit out, he's probably one of the biggest reasons we don't create. I've lost count of the number of times he's lost possession this season, more often than not in extremely simple scenarios too.

I'd like to see us line up as follows:

Ramsbottom

McAllister -- McGeever -- Neill -- Quitongo

Wedderburn -- Brindley

Frizzell -- Omar -- Crossan

Wallace

I'm unsure about Wardrop at right mid, he'll be more inclined to sit defensively and I think it's time we just started launching guys forward. The above gives us 4 midgets who all like to play with the ball at their feet, it might force is to stop launching long balls. It also allows Omar to go past people in central areas to create stuff as I feel he got a bit isolated out wide the other night. 

I like this but I’d put Wardrop in at right back and “rest” McGeever who I feel is probably the guiltier of our two centre backs at hoofing it aimlessly. I think McAllister might be a decent option as a ball playing centre back.

Edited by GordyBrow

I genuinely look at every line up and formation we could possibly use and I still have zero confidence in us creating many chances or scoring a goal. If Layne was fit I’d perhaps feel a bit differently but that signing is starting to feel like a total failure and too little too late. It’s got to the stage I’m not even arsed who plays where because it doesn’t make a difference.

20 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

I think we might finally score tonight. Just a feeling.

Statistically we were due a shot on target on Tuesday (which we managed) so we are actually due a goal tonight. Just the one mind.