Falkirk v Clyde

51 minutes ago, Trump said:

This should be a great match. My 11 would be.

Mutch

Neilson McClelland Dixon Devaney

Alston Telfer Gomis Morrison

Keena Sammon

Young energetic full backs to overlap the midfielders and get deliveries low across the goal, or cut backs to the penalty spot for the strikers and incoming midfielders.

Get our best two defenders at centre half, one young, one experienced who have shown they are okay there.

Get Alston back to where he was playing best for us before under Houston, on the right side of a midfield four. Only having one sitter in Gomis and allowing Telfer to dictate play, get forward and score some more goals. Ideally would prefer Morrison on the right but given he has crossed the ball with both feet on the right, happy to have him there. If he cuts inside, Devaney overlaps.

Keena with some support, ideally Dowds if fit but if not Sammon is the next bet. A partnership. Work with each other.

What can go wrong?

On a serious note, 1–1 draw with the following team

Mutch

Miller Neilson Hall Dixon

Gomis

Morrison Alston Telfer Leitch

Keena.

Morrison marked out the game, no width from full backs, Telfer doing it all on his own, and no support to the front man.

A long range effort from Telfer followed by Hall slipping for a Goodwillie tap in.

Francis to be first sub, if only you could bet on that.

Could definitely get on board with the first team. Play fullbacks that can actually run and having 2 strikers on the pitch (even if one of them has to be Sammon) would certainly lay the foundations for improvement imo.

Sadly I fear it will be a carbon copy of the second with Leitch an absolute stick on to start.

3 minutes ago, Russ said:

Aye I’m sure it was a 2 game ban he got.

Honestly if dumb and dumber drop Neilson and play a Durnan/Hall combo again I’m going to be fucking seething.

I think they will

Miller Barry Paul Dixon

🕺

This should be a great match. My 11 would be.

Mutch

Neilson McClelland Dixon Devaney

Alston Telfer Gomis Morrison

Keena Sammon

Young energetic full backs to overlap the midfielders and get deliveries low across the goal, or cut backs to the penalty spot for the strikers and incoming midfielders.

Get our best two defenders at centre half, one young, one experienced who have shown they are okay there.

Get Alston back to where he was playing best for us before under Houston, on the right side of a midfield four. Only having one sitter in Gomis and allowing Telfer to dictate play, get forward and score some more goals. Ideally would prefer Morrison on the right but given he has crossed the ball with both feet on the right, happy to have him there. If he cuts inside, Devaney overlaps.

Keena with some support, ideally Dowds if fit but if not Sammon is the next bet. A partnership. Work with each other.

What can go wrong?

On a serious note, 1–1 draw with the following team

Mutch

Miller Neilson Hall Dixon

Gomis

Morrison Alston Telfer Leitch

Keena.

Morrison marked out the game, no width from full backs, Telfer doing it all on his own, and no support to the front man.

A long range effort from Telfer followed by Hall slipping for a Goodwillie tap in.

Francis to be first sub, if only you could bet on that.

I’m sure Sky do “Build a bet”

We have zilch in wide players providing owt at the moment so why not use the young full backs to get up and down in a 3 -5-2, tho I'd be ecstatic for a simple 4-4-2 but don't think we have wide players to create.

I'd love McCracken to tell us about how we play football after slagging Airdrie, we have had zero football in all our goals since the restart. If we line up another rigid 4-5-1 again I will have tourettes

Mutch

Durnan Miller Dixon

Neilson Alston Gomis Telfer Deveney

Morrison

Keena

Hoping we put in a better performance than last time out against Falkirk. We’re generally looking a bit more solid and have a bit more about us but, having played tonight, I’d imagine there will be some tired legs. Anything from this one is a bonus, for sure.

Edited by Scott-Replay

I sincerely hope I'm wrong but to me this game has the whiff of the Falkirk 1 QOS 4 (Dobbie 3) game about it. We are on a poor run performance wise if not point wise, shaky defence lacking confidence and they have a talented striker in good willie playing below his league level. Also fans and potentially players losing confidence in management team. 

Hope I'm wrong every win is massive now. 

Edited by bridge of allan bairn

1 hour ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I sincerely hope I'm wrong but to me this game has the whiff of the Falkirk 1 QOS 4 (Dobbie 3) game about it. We are on a poor run performance wise if not point wise, shaky defence lacking confidence and they have a talented striker in good willie playing below his league level. Also fans and potentially players losing confidence in management team. 

Goodwillie just equals goals. Regardless of what defenders he's up against he has a knack of getting the ball in the net. Fancy him to get on the scoresheet tomorrow. Won't be easy for Falkirk who will need to play well to secure 3 points.

I was impressed by Jamieson, Etoo and Cunningham as well. Clyde are gaining some confidence, having their talisman back helps them further clearly.

Could be a tight game.

1 hour ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Definitely has a very similar feel to that day. Players confidence is at 0. Clyde on a bit of a roll seem to be playing some decent stuff. Goodwillie too hot to handle. Might stick a few quid on 0-3 

Edited by bairn88

Reckon they’ll go with

Mutch

Durnan
Hall
Dixon

Francis
Leitch
Telfer
Gomis
Morrison

Sammon
Keena

We’ll be diabolically bad get beat 2-1 but somehow with other results going our way stating top of the league. One of dumb and dumber to come out after the game talking some utter shite that would make no sense to anyone else that watched the game. They still won’t get sacked.

Shite.