Falkirk v Clyde

Think it's only fair to give a wee bit of credit to Falkirk TV which was much better than the cup game. I don't think it would hurt the main commentator (who was a bit less biased today whilst still suiting the majority of his audience) to do a bit of research on the away team but given its a proper camera, there's replays and an actual production before/after/at ht then I think the extra couple quid is fair enough.

6 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I really don't get why we didn't sign a back up keeper when PJ went back to Motherwell. He did ok for us and kept Mutch out the team for a bit. We had Cantley then too. Big ask for the young kid to come in at the business end of the season if he's required for whatever reason. Mistake that on M&M part 

He upped his game with proper competition too. At the moment he's assured of his place every week.

7 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Serious question: why is the PPV so expensive at Falkirk? Surely this is false economy, I certainly won’t pay that price for a stream service. I’d imagine many will feel the same, at a 10 -12 quid or so then much more would pay. 
Maybe me just being a miserable auld git right enough.

I think it was about looking after season ticket holders. Ours get FFCTV for free if they're not allowed into games. 

At the time seasons went on sale we were looking at a 27 game season, so say 13.5  home games. 

I did a quick search and our "middle" season ticket price was £185. (for the main stand - prime seats were £225 and South stand £170) 

So working on that basis, our season ticket holders would pay an average of £13.70 per game to watch on FFCTV  if all games were played and fans were never allowed in. 

In which case setting the "walkup" price at £13.99 seems understandable. 

I think it was about looking after season ticket holders. Ours get FFCTV for free if they're not allowed into games. 
At the time seasons went on sale we were looking at a 27 game season, so say 13.5  home games. 
I did a quick search and our "middle" season ticket price was £185. (for the main stand - prime seats were £225 and South stand £170) 
So working on that basis, our season ticket holders would pay an average of £13.70 per game to watch on FFCTV  if all games were played and fans were never allowed in. 
In which case setting the "walkup" price at £13.99 seems understandable. 

Now nearly £21/game. PPV is too expensive as was the ST this season.

10 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Now nearly £21/game. PPV is too expensive as was the ST this season.

They couldn't have predicted the season was going to be just18 games or maybe the 22. £14 is shocking thoug,  I get the thesis behind making it cheaper so season ticket holders don't pay more but for away supporters it's ridiculous. 

30 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Not one of the prices is value for money

I agree but as BB says, given what season tickets were sold for they really can't make it less than £10 a match can they?

The season ticket might not be great value either - but if an extra £50 from that makes sure FFC gets through the pandemic then fine by me.

We were told this time last season the SPFL would lose clubs, thankfully that hasn't come to fruition 

37 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

£14 at Falkirk seems good value to me considering the dross Forfar and Airdrie charge £12 for 

They were hilariously bad.  I emailed Airdrie at half time asking for my money back.  (No response from them and now looks like sour grapes on my behalf obviously!)

I agree but as BB says, given what season tickets were sold for they really can't make it less than £10 a match can they?
The season ticket might not be great value either - but if an extra £50 from that makes sure FFC gets through the pandemic then fine by me.
We were told this time last season the SPFL would lose clubs, thankfully that hasn't come to fruition 

The Yankee dollars investment will get us through the pandemic.

Not one of the prices is value for money

What do you think would be value for money though?
I get and agree with all of the opinions about the board and their performance, but at the same time there are not many options for the club to generate income so what options do they actually have?

We were unlucky in the end there but to be fair we didn't deserve anything from the game so would've been a bit of an injustice had we nabbed an equaliser. 

Too many players had an off day. Looking at Lang and Otoo in particular, the latter had a really tough time of it against a proper winger with pace but he'll learn from it. Still think it was a mistake subbing him for McNiff in that position though. 

I was perhaps a little harsh on Cunningham in the first half as nobody else could hold on to the ball either, just seemed to be him at the times I was getting frustrated the most over it :lol: 

Good strike from Jack (after thinking it was Thomson for ages), this is the first I can remember him doing anything of note so far though. Games seem to pass him by pretty easily. Hopefully that goal will give him some confidence.

13 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

How would that have gone down in grounds all across Scotland if fans had been in stadiums 🤔

Despite the growing indifference towards the royal family in Scotland I reckon a silence with a full(ish) stadium would have been respected

6 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Despite the growing indifference towards the royal family in Scotland I reckon a silence with a full(ish) stadium would have been respected

I'm not just talking about our Stadium, I wonder how it would have gone down all across Scotland. Obviously at Ibrox, Tynecastle and Airdrie would have been observed but I'm no so sure elsewhere.

12 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I'm not just talking about our Stadium, I wonder how it would have gone down all across Scotland. Obviously at Ibrox, Tynecastle and Airdrie would have been observed but I'm no so sure elsewhere.

I actually think, other than at Parkhead, it would probably have been observed respectfully, regardless of differing beliefs. I don’t agree with the concept of the Royal Family but I certainly wouldn’t consider disrupting something marking anyone’s death. I think most would think the same.

I think the people outside the ground would probably think twice about doing what they did inside the ground amongst fans. 

Probably the best we’ve played since we last played Clyde in December and yet we still almost found a way of fucking it up. The change of formation made a massive difference to us as did actually having a game plan, for the first turn in months it looked like the players knew what they were doing. A large part of that was down to Telfer and Alston controlling the midfield, I was extremely critical of Telfer last season (justifiably imo) but hes been like a completely different player this season and he’s stepped it up massively these last few weeks. Whilst there were a few contenders he would’ve been my MoM.

Sammon had one of those extremely frustrating days where he shows you that he is actually a football player. If he could keep that level of performance up even without scoring he becomes such an asset he had Lang on toast all day long. Poor performance from Keena but he took his goal well and was extremely unlucky to see his shot hit the bar. Finally signs that there is something there we just need to give him service and was good to see Morrison get back to some form, yes his final ball is poor but his workrate is infectious and playing like that not many defenders at this level will be able to stop him.

Fed up talking about the centre backs so Lewis Neilson with yet another cracking performance. I’d be surprised if he’s not firmly in Utds first team plans next year he just oozes class. He should be starting every game he is with us. On their goal whilst I agree Mutch should’ve done better the boy still had far too much time and space to take the shot really poor giving someone that much time on the edge of our box. I guess I’m in the minority that doesn’t necessarily agree with the comments about him I think he’s still won us more points than he’s cost us this season and I certainly wouldn’t be looking to replace him next season. Also actually think replacing PJ Morrison with a young jobber to sit on the bench was the right call no need to waste the money on someone that won’t play when if Mutch is out you can just go and get a 7 day emergency loan in.

2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

How would that have gone down in grounds all across Scotland if fans had been in stadiums 🤔

Hopefully we'd see not all supporters are like the small-minded morons at the bigot sisters.