Falkirk v Clyde

12 minutes ago, FalkirkLad said:

Neilson head and shoulders above anyone on the park, which begs the question why since the restart has either Miller or Mercer been starting there? 

He plays with a cigar in his mouth which is incredible for a 17 year old.

Very predictable game in the end. Both in scoreline and performance terms.

Only one team in it despite the small margin. Fitness was the biggest teller I thought. The small margin was a reflection of Falkirk still not having a lot of teeth as a team and Clyde having a right good goalie in David Mitchell.

I won't hold it against Lennon because it's a hell of a balancing act this season but I thought we could've approached the game more cautiously. A bit like we did against Ayr. Josh Jack's goal might then have been the one that stole us the points a bit like the goal from Darren Smith a year or so ago.

The better set-up would probably have been a flat five man midfield with Goodwillie or Jamieson completely isolated. That would have made for an equally frustrating watch but might've allowed us to soak up Falkirk's pressure more easily, rather than fight quite an open battle with them in the midfield.

Not to worry. We showed some spirit in the end. And results elsewhere haven't done us much harm.

No complaints about the result and not going to be too critical of the performance. A match too far for us after recent exploits but very nearly got a draw in the final few seconds. Great goal from Jack, hope we start seeing far more from him.

Tired looking performance from us today & no wonder, had to expect it'd catch up eventually.  Despite that still nearly nicked a point in the end, but can't really complain about the result. Other results went our way and we've now the near luxury of 3 whole days before having to play again. 

That’s the best we have played all season nearly. Alston, Neilson, Telfer, Morrison and Sammon really good. Keeper with another clanger at the end.

Best performance for a while with Telfer, Alston, Neilson, Sammon and Morrison the pick of the bunch.

Durnan is just an awful footballer and Mutch  went down in instalments for the Clyde goal, nowhere  near as good a keeper as many in our support think.

Edited by Reggie Perrin

I read an interesting article on The Athletic this morning regarding Dundee Utd's youth development. If you add Neilson to Mochrie at Montrose then they are clearly doing something right. 

Hindsight would have us playing a different side from kickoff. We probably didn't know Falkirk were playing a 442 when we put our teamlines in or we would have played three centrally. We didn't know Nicoll would be so poor, Cunningham awful or even that Lang/Otoo would have stinkers. 

Still, we could have had a massive dent in our goal difference and been without Nicoll for the next two. Josh Jack had some lovely touches. Given the other results, today could have gone a lot worse.

5 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

I know which keeper I would want out of the two today, maybe some of the Clyde fans can comment, but yet again he’s (Mitchell) pulled off some saves yet again 

Mitchell has been poor for most of the season (especially since restart) but today he kept the score down. However, there’s no chance we could do better in the circumstances and I’m delighted we have him.

Half the team doing what they are paid to do. Neilson a joy to watch.........don’t tell me, M&M have protected him, and made him the player he was today.

Mutch has lost all confidence, and is now going to each game with the memory of his previous clanger front and centre of his mind. Feel for him. A genuine crisis of confidence.

Sammon the surprise package today (after Neilson).

massive result (and performance) today with challengers Partick and Cove both winning.

Reading on the Cove match thread the Dumbarton guys saying on camera their goal nowhere near crossed the line. Hopefully it's not relevant at the end of the season! 

Sets it up nicely for the match at Cove next week with only 3 points between us. both teams I believe have no games this week in the ring up 

Better today with two up top. But really need to be more clinical, Mutch looks  out of sorts, and we almost contrived to drop points despite not really being troubled. Still look like there is a fragility about us, Hall injury looked liked he's not kicking a ball anytime soon, which will give McLelland a chance. Six pointer next week and we don't do well when it matters. A big win today given other results. Partick despite being a worse gang than us for the most part are sneaking up the table. 

To me this was the first time, since we embarked on our run of games, where we looked tired and lacked sharpness. 

result was the the right one, but can’t fault efforts of players, and nearly nicked an undeserving point.

the Falkirk tv coverage is by far the best, but yer wee man Lewis is far too quick to cast opinion.

Still you won’t have me criticising a volunteer .  

Said it about Mutch on a previous recent match thread and came with a bit of rebuke.

I know we have poorer players in the team than him, however with a keeper you want to have confidence and I don't with him unfortunately,  as I think he is just as likely to let a back pass in as he is pull a worldly out of his locker.

Look today that shot should have been shut down by a player before him, however he still concerns me for consistancy.

Said it about Mutch on a previous recent match thread and came with a bit of rebuke.
I know we have poorer players in the team than him, however with a keeper you want to have confidence and I don't with him unfortunately,  as I think he is just as likely to let a back pass in as he is pull a worldly out of his locker.
Look today that shot should have been shut down by a player before him, however he still concerns me for consistancy.

I think he made an important save in the last few minutes but far too inconsistent at the moment....

8 minutes ago, Clydeontheup said:

To me this was the first time, since we embarked on our run of games, where we looked tired and lacked sharpness. 

result was the the right one, but can’t fault efforts of players, and nearly nicked an undeserving point.

the Falkirk tv coverage is by far the best, but yer wee man Lewis is far too quick to cast opinion.

Still you won’t have me criticising a volunteer .  

Main commentator was good, if as you say wee bit quick to the mark. Co commentator was basically talking to himself for 90 minutes. 

Folk criticise the £14 price for the stream but they clearly put effort into it RE production and a manned camera is a welcome change from Pixellot. As you say you can’t criticise volunteers. 

I was desperate for us to equalise so I could use the “unlucky boys” quote from last season. 

I really don't get why we didn't sign a back up keeper when PJ went back to Motherwell. He did ok for us and kept Mutch out the team for a bit. We had Cantley then too. Big ask for the young kid to come in at the business end of the season if he's required for whatever reason. Mistake that on M&M part