Falkirk v Clyde

Don't know if anyone else noticed but I'm sure there were a couple of passages of play where we actually played some good football? Maybe I'm hallucinating? 

We haven't had a failure so far. Sammon is an atrocious footballer but he's proving to be a right nuisance and the Clyde defenders are struggling to cope with him. Alston and Telfer have both been very industrious too with both playing well.

I just hope that the missed chances don't come back to bite us.

8 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Got to be fair and say Sammon has looked decent so far and has the better of the Clyde defence. We just need to get better delivery into the box.

Sammon has done more in 10 mins than Keena has done since the restart, Keena again invisible today.

Clyde left back is woeful, I'd perhaps swap Kai and Morrison to see if we can get Kai into the game, still doesn't look ready for me 

1-0 Only and Durnan on a yellow the worrying part so far.....

Mitchell having a great game, always thought he was a decent keeper and just unfortunate with his injury at us. Sammon doing everything but score, telfer and Alston controlling things. Durnan doing not too bad but Hall gives me the fear. Straight swap, him for mclelland is all I would change just now. 

Just now, MrDust said:

Sammon has done more in 10 mins than Keena has done since the restart, Keena again invisible today.

Clyde left back is woeful, I'd perhaps swap Kai and Morrison to see if we can get Kai into the game, still doesn't look ready for me 

1-0 Only and Durnan on a yellow the worrying part so far.....

Don't think that's fair on keena, every chance has been created for sammon, he seems like the target man. Keena hasn't been fed anything at all really

47 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Mitchell having a great game, always thought he was a decent keeper and just unfortunate with his injury at us. Sammon doing everything but score, telfer and Alston controlling things. Durnan doing not too bad but Hall gives me the fear. Straight swap, him for mclelland is all I would change just now. 

I don't think that they'll want to put a teenager directly up against Goodwillie, which is probably why McLelland didn't start. If we're taking Durnan off then I'd prefer Deveney coming on and Dixon moving to CB.

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I don't think that they'll want to put a teenager directly up against Goodwillie, which is probably why McLelland didn't start. If we're taking Durnan off then I'd prefer Deveney coming on and Dixon moving to CB.

Want the lottery numbers for tonight as well? 😉

Just now, ShaggerG said:

Don't know if anyone else noticed but I'm sure there were a couple of passages of play where we actually played some good football? Maybe I'm hallucinating? 

We haven't had a failure so far. Sammon is an atrocious footballer but he's proving to be a right nuisance and the Clyde defenders are struggling to cope with him. Alston and Telfer have both been very industrious too with both playing well.

I just hope that the missed chances don't come back to bite us.

Yeah, a couple of good moves between Neilson & Morrison... What we've been crying out for, a mobile right back!!!  Fancy that.  Alston looking a lot better, and Telfer has played through a few decent passes. We've almost been decent for a spell there. 

I think the goal should be looked at in isolation from the rest of the half. It was simply a repeat of the early goal we conceded away to East Fife. We've been bad at defending set pieces throughout the season. And more than that, we've been bad at managing the first third of games. Particularly against fitter opposition, we should plan for a shut-out in that period and anything else is a bonus. Sit a bit deeper and send it to row Z for a while.

Away from the goal we've looked decidedly second best. In almost every area of the pitch, Falkirk have been quicker to loose balls and they've driven a tempo which we've been cringing spectators to. Sammon's had a good, imposing game. The Falkirk midfield aren't taking the four or five touches that we are, with Cunningham and Howie being particularly bad in that regard. Cuddihy much less so. Nicoll's probably a liability now unfortunately, being on a card.

I think Falkirk's fitness has told in most areas of the park. And you can see a desire in them to make amends for their loss at Aidrie.

On us, I think the loss of Love on the left hand side, the moving of Cuddihy out to the right, and the use of Jamieson to support Goodwillie distinguishes the set-up from Forfar through the week. And all in a bad way. The ball's been a hot potato for Howie and Nicoll. Otoo hasn't been protected by Cunnigham anything like as effectively as by Love through the week. And he's pitched against a better player on Falkirk's right, where they've had a lot of joy. I'd much rather we had a flat five out of possession to square up against Falkirk, even if it meant being camped in and counter-attacking.

I see we've made some changes second half. A point would be excellent, given the start. Not optimistic but let's see.

Edited by Clydeside
Typo