Falkirk v Clyde

Just now, C. Muir said:

Cunningham needs hooked at half time. Then subbed. Gave the ball away nearly every time he's had it so far

Apart from Mitchell, Jamieson and Goodwillie, they've all been very poor. Lang has given it away as much as anyone. I can't understand why we haven't made more changes.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Durnan had his eye on the ball the whole time. The boy went down like he'd broken his nose or something. Embarrassing stuff.

He still swung his arm behind him when there was always liable to be a player there. Howie doens't go down easily often but a yellow was the right decision.

4 minutes ago, bullyweehutch said:

Good to know an elbow is a yellow now. It's either a drop ball or a red. Where these refs come from is beyond me. Officious wee p***k Napier

That's not true, you see lots of yellow for a careless elbow that catches someone. I think a yellow was fine here, he's not swung it deliberately in Howie's face.

We've been really poor. I'd get Lang off who's been awful, and move Howie to centreback. Get Lloyd Robertson on for Nicoll to protect him (although same could be said for Otoo now). Then get Thomson or Lamont in the middle so we might actually hold onto the ball.

ETA: Did I really just suggest using Lamont to try and keep possession....?

Edited by Jaggy Snake

My worries about us having no dig in the middle have proved unfounded thankfully. Alston and telfer have been excellent at harrying and winning the ball. Sammon should be playing like that every week. He's causing all sorts of problems. Just need to stop.the silly mistakes at the back.

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Got to be fair and say Sammon has looked decent so far and has the better of the Clyde defence. We just need to get better delivery into the box.

Agreed, just wish his touch was a bit better and he would of been through on goal when he had the shot from an angle. Been bossing the CB’s all game. 

Quite pleased with that so far. Neilson and Morrison linking well on the right, Telfer and Alston both having good games and the weightlifter has been causing mayhem in the Clyde defence. 

Clyde player should definitely have been off for his lunge on Dixon. Durnan should have walked if the ref thought it was an elbow.

Wee Lewis isn't half obsessed with players being injured.

We've been really poor. I'd get Lang off who's been awful, and move Howie to centreback. Get Lloyd Robertson on for Nicoll to protect him (although same could be said for Otoo now). Then get Thomson or Lamont in the middle so we might actually hold onto the ball.
ETA: Did I really just suggest using Lamont to try and keep possession....?
Lamont only ever seems to play well against Falkirk, so it's worth a shot.