Falkirk v Clyde

The loans before the restart are the worst of Miller and McCracken.

Absolutely no excuse for bringing folk in and not playing them. Durnan (who my phone ironically autocorrects to Durian) and Hall are stinking. If they weren't able to identify and bring in improvements then they aren't fit for the job. That they have apparently either brough in worse, or aren't playing McClelland despite being better, are equally unforgivable.

16 minutes ago, Russ said:

Add in PJ Morrison in and out the team earlier in the season and Calum Ferrie not getting a game last season I fully expect teams to tell us to firmly GTF in the summer or only give us the pick of the jobbers.

As a club our use of the line market over the last 4 or 5 years has been horrendous.

Genuinely forgot Sean Kelly was a thing. Wonder if he’s been punted as well.

The McClelland one is particularly galling given 1) the dross getting picked ahead of him and 2) it should be a first step in trying to get first dibs on loans from Rangers in future.

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Number of games is the issue I would think. He's 35 mind and been playing a lot as Clyde well know at the moment.

Yeah, he's played more games recently than I'd realised. I knew he hadn't started against Celtic, which seemed an odd game for rest him even if your chances of a result were slim, but he's obviously played a lot apart from that. Still happy to see he's not starting today, from a Clyde point of view.

My only worry today is fitness. We're putting out as good an eleven as we could and it's the same one that started against Forfar with one exception. Jamieson replacing Love is understandable as his legs have looked the heaviest of anyone's. We've got fresher legs on the bench so we can call on those if we start to tire.

Very gloomy outlook from the Falkirk supporters here but that's understandable given recent results.

I don't think we'll run out emphatic winners. We never have against Falkirk in the recent past. I think if we take care to guard against conceding in the first twenty, thirty minutes and maybe  get an early one ourselves, we could nick it. If not, I think Falkirk might sneak it.

Howie and Nicoll in midfield isn't working. Lang surprisingly sloppy so far, Rumsby not surprisingly being bullied. With Falkirk playing two in midfield we need to put someone else in and outnumber them.