Falkirk v Clyde

I am really interested in how this will turn out. We seem to be the only teams in the league not to have supplemented our ranks with the better junior players and instead went with youngsters from the top level, which in my view is a terrible choice.

Usual stuff about Clyde being your bogey team aside, it has all the makings of a game where both sets of fans somehow come away raging at what they've seen.

5 minutes ago, David W said:

Given that Cove and Montrose have only taken one point from six from ourselves, surely Falkirk can afford to donate us a point here?

Would you like all 3? You need only turn up with a 1 legged Goodwillie 

6 minutes ago, David W said:

Given that Cove and Montrose have only taken one point from six from ourselves, surely Falkirk can afford to donate us a point here?

Donate?  If I were Clyde I'd be pushing for all 3 points.

Quite simply must win to maintain the gap going in to the crunch game up at Cove next week. 

Thankfully 3rd and 4th play each other in Montrose and Airdrie and like us Partick seem intent on pressing the self destruct button.

Hopefully Clyde's fixture list will mean they will run out of steam or rest players for this one, it's the only way I see us producing any sort of convincing display and getting the 3 points here. 

Looking at our fixture list, at a guess I reckon if we manage to beat Forfar tonight we'll go to Falkirk then Firhill with a formation looking to grind out draws, keeping some players back for the remaining two matches against Dumbarton and Forfar.

This should be a great match. My 11 would be.

Mutch

Neilson McClelland Dixon Devaney

Alston Telfer Gomis Morrison

Keena Sammon

Young energetic full backs to overlap the midfielders and get deliveries low across the goal, or cut backs to the penalty spot for the strikers and incoming midfielders.

Get our best two defenders at centre half, one young, one experienced who have shown they are okay there.

Get Alston back to where he was playing best for us before under Houston, on the right side of a midfield four. Only having one sitter in Gomis and allowing Telfer to dictate play, get forward and score some more goals. Ideally would prefer Morrison on the right but given he has crossed the ball with both feet on the right, happy to have him there. If he cuts inside, Devaney overlaps.

Keena with some support, ideally Dowds if fit but if not Sammon is the next bet. A partnership. Work with each other.

What can go wrong?

On a serious note, 1–1 draw with the following team

Mutch

Miller Neilson Hall Dixon

Gomis

Morrison Alston Telfer Leitch

Keena.

Morrison marked out the game, no width from full backs, Telfer doing it all on his own, and no support to the front man.

A long range effort from Telfer followed by Hall slipping for a Goodwillie tap in.

Francis to be first sub, if only you could bet on that.

1-0 Falkirk, long ball in the 90th minute, goalkeeper goes up for it and punches the ball off Sammons arse and it trundles over the line. Sammon hailed a hero, m and m lauded as top coaches by Radio Scotland. Order restored.