Stenhousemuir -vs- Cowdenbeath

The hits just keep on coming! Let's get the ball rolling for Stenhousemuir -vs- Cowdenbeath, the third game in six days for both sides, where the excitement is palpable. Both sides recorded poor results on Tuesday, with the Warriors drawing with a dismal Brechin City side and the Blue Brazil getting thumped by Queen's Park. Both sides will fancy their chances in this one and there's a lot riding on it - Stenny can continue to move away from the foot of the table (and inexplicably narrow the gap on Stranraer in fifth) and Cowden can jump two places into seventh.

As I mentioned on another thread, I took in the QP-Cowden match on Tuesday night to get an idea as to what we'll face this evening but it probably wasn't the best game to judge them on. Queen's Park dominated the game, especially after the interval, and Cowden couldn't get the ball out of their half for long spells and I can't remember Wullie Muir having a save to make. I cannot ever imagine Stenny being as controlling and players like Kris Renton, Graham Taylor and Kyle Hutton should have a greater influence.

I don't know what to expect from Stenhousemuir. Tam Muir will have completed his suspension and should be back in the starting XI but other than that, I'm not sure what players we'll use or what formation we'll go with, if we'll rotate the squad or go with largely the same side from Tuesday. I don't like the three-at-the-back system Davie Irons has deployed since the return and don't think it suits us.

The heart says we can win this but I reckon it'll be a dull 1-1 draw.

Massive game and one which we should be looking to take a positive result. I feel there is a real lack of belief in our play and a lack of belief in some players that they can go and influence the game.

Renton and Zander miller to start for me up top. Gav morrisson been our best midfielder by miles the last few games and he is the only player I see growing in confidence and fitness.

Dont think Craig Barr will be back for this one which is a huge blow.

1-1 draw - scorer OG .

Positive from Tuesday was Alan Docherty’s performance. I think he will partner Muir up front. Botti did well when he came on. Hopkirk didn’t.

Tapping was injured on Tuesday so I suspect he will sit this out.

Don’t go into any game at the moment with any confidence but 3 points should put any lingering relegation worries to bed. If we don’t, then it is a few more weeks of fear.

46 minutes ago, beaver1 said:

Positive from Tuesday was Alan Docherty’s performance. I think he will partner Muir up front. Botti did well when he came on. Hopkirk didn’t.

Tapping was injured on Tuesday so I suspect he will sit this out.

Don’t go into any game at the moment with any confidence but 3 points should put any lingering relegation worries to bed. If we don’t, then it is a few more weeks of fear.

Touché 

Strong wind blowing at the moment which could make it even more of a lottery. As Beaver says there is no confidence we are going to do well at the moment and if we lose tonight you could start to see panic set in. We should be better but....

Only caught the last half hour but it was easy to see Cowdenbeath are in a world of bother. The worst team I've seen to date. Carry zero threat was like a training exercise for the young Warriors.