St Johnstone 1 Aberdeen 0, Saturday 10th April 2021

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

McGinn and Hayes. FFS. Sheering picking his pals it seems.

Ramsay dropped after a cracking debut but great to seed MacKenzie back.

Surprised in that selection tbh. Clearly feels the need for experience, completely disregarding the fact that Hayes and McGinn have been utter garbage recently.

Shame for Ramsay being dropped, really liked the look of him last week.

Just now, Merkland Red said:

Why put him on the bench then? Seems a bit pointless.

It does, but maybe he could do a turn off the bench if required but Sheerin would rather not risk him as a starter if it means that it could set him back. I mean, maybe he has been dropped, but I don't think we can say for sure. 

1 minute ago, DrewDon said:

It does, but maybe he could do a turn off the bench if required but Sheerin would rather not risk him as a starter if it means that it could set him back. I mean, maybe he has been dropped, but I don't think we can say for sure. 

I didn't mean dropped as in he was shite. Just dropped to the bench after starting last week.

If they're aren't sure if he's fit enough to start then surely it's a risk taking him off the bench too? I'm no manager but every level I played at back to Primary school would have started a player so you can make the sub if he can't last.

4 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Do we actually know that Ramsay has been "dropped"? Maybe he hasn't trained much since picking up the injury, or isn't 100% ready, and that's why he isn't starting. 

It's possible, but he did walk back on to the pitch at the end vs Dumbarton. It looked like it was a bad cramp and he was just taken off as a precaution. Can't imagine it would still be affecting him.

I'm struggling to figure out who's playing right back. Unless it's McCrorie at centre back with Hoban at right back. Perhaps Kennedy or McGinn in the 10.

2 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

It's possible, but he did walk back on to the pitch at the end vs Dumbarton. It looked like it was a bad cramp and he was just taken off as a precaution. Can't imagine it would still be affecting him.

I'm struggling to figure out who's playing right back. Unless it's McCrorie at centre back with Hoban at right back. Perhaps Kennedy or McGinn in the 10.

Back 4 with McCrorie at RB I presume.

1 minute ago, Illgresi said:

It could be McCrorie at right-back if it's a four, or McCrorie, Hoban and Considine as a back three with Mackenzie and either Kennedy or Hayes as wing-backs. 

4 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

It could be McCrorie at right-back if it's a four, or McCrorie, Hoban and Considine as a back three with Mackenzie and either Kennedy or Hayes as wing-backs. 

I would have thought that Ramsay would be the better pick than Kennedy at right wing - back. He was good going forward against United and might offer more defensively. 

Just now, Golden Gordon said:

I would have thought that Ramsay would be the better pick than Kennedy at right wing - back. He was good going forward against United and might offer more defensively. 

I think (hope) it will be a back four with McCrorie and Mackenzie as full-backs. Hopefully Kennedy gets a shot as the number 10. 

We've returned to a full on 5-2-3/3-4-3 whatever. One open play goal playing that formation at home all season, with the context we didn't really change it until after Christmas.

Goal fest awaits.

I think (hope) it will be a back four with McCrorie and Mackenzie as full-backs. Hopefully Kennedy gets a shot as the number 10. 

Yep, that would be my preference. Interesting to see if Kennedy starts as a no. 10, I'm sure that the St. J guys have repeatedly said it's where he's most effective.