Jump to content

St Johnstone 1 Aberdeen 0, Saturday 10th April 2021


Recommended Posts

First post-split match. 

Aberdeen have scored 2 goals in 97 matches, both from Callum Hendry who is ineligible to play against his parent club. 

Saints have won their last 3 matches 1-0.

At McDiarmid Park in the league we’ve won 5 matches 1-0, drawn three 0-0, and lost 1-0 three times. 

This should be the easiest score line to predict in the history of football. 

Roll on the 4-3 thriller...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

First post-split match. 

Aberdeen have scored 2 goals in 97 matches, both from Callum Hendry who is ineligible to play against his parent club. 

Saints have won their last 3 matches 1-0.

At McDiarmid Park in the league we’ve won 5 matches 1-0, drawn three 0-0, and lost 1-0 three times. 

This should be the easiest score line to predict in the history of football. 

Roll on the 4-3 thriller...

If you list those out you might find a flaw in this logic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The worst Aberdeen side in years deserve a good pumping by Scotlands second most successful club*. The only obstacle in our way is the clownshoes we put in goal.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*in the last decade, Sheep shagging weirdos. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Aye if there was ever a team you'd want to play when not scoring goals it would be one with a totally out of confidence Clark in goal!

Then again we've kept 4 clean sheets in 5 games and he's barely faced a shot on target, so I think it's safe to say the defence is protecting him something fierce right now. If Kamberi plays though, he's got a nasty habit of scoring really smart goals against us and Liam Gordon especially has struggled against him in the past. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Widge said:

Aye if there was ever a team you'd want to play when not scoring goals it would be one with a totally out of confidence Clark in goal!

Then again we've kept 4 clean sheets in 5 games and he's barely faced a shot on target, so I think it's safe to say the defence is protecting him something fierce right now. If Kamberi plays though, he's got a nasty habit of scoring really smart goals against us and Liam Gordon especially has struggled against him in the past. 

Then put Kerr or McCart up against Kamberi and let Liam take care of someone else.

Rooney to outshine Kennedy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

The worst Aberdeen side in years deserve a good pumping by Scotlands second most successful club*. The only obstacle in our way is the clownshoes we put in goal.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*in the last decade, Sheep shagging weirdos. 

Very unfair on Zander 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

Then put Kerr or McCart up against Kamberi and let Liam take care of someone else.

Rooney to outshine Kennedy.

Not quite that simple when Kamberi isolates Gordon deliberately. If we simply let the other 2 deal with him centrally, it'll leave massive gaps in our back line. I really hate this notion from football fans that if one player can't handle another we simply let another defender deal with them. Ok that works at set pieces, but in an actual game you can't have Kerr or McCart having to worry about helping Gordon out constantly as he struggles against a player, otherwise they wouldn't be doing their own job effectively. 

6 minutes ago, THE FAT MAN said:

Very unfair on Zander 

Here we go again...

Clark needs dropped/replaced/sold take your pick. For a team who concedes virtually no shots in a game, we concede a huge amount of goals. It's widely regarded out centrebacks are excellent and help the goalkeeper out massively, so it's not rocket science to see where the issues lie. We'll never progress as a team unless we upgrade in nets, or Clark can rediscover the form that had him touted for a Scotland cap. Maybe the big pay rise has made him rest on his laurels along side the lack of competition, not that it matters, things need t change one way or another. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Aberdeen are due a goal, we're due a defeat.

Both sets of fans will read too much into our 1-0 defeat, forgetting we all just dance to the math gods tunes.

C'est la vie.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bookies on the ball as usual

image.thumb.png.d28ee220ccc472cba106cc5d18f369de.png

 

Or for those fancying a long shot, Unibet offering nearly 100/1 on this double;

 

image.png.e557a274dc2b63cde754033ad36c944e.png

Edited by deej
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Widge said:

Aye if there was ever a team you'd want to play when not scoring goals it would be one with a totally out of confidence Clark in goal!

Then again we've kept 4 clean sheets in 5 games and he's barely faced a shot on target, so I think it's safe to say the defence is protecting him something fierce right now. If Kamberi plays though, he's got a nasty habit of scoring really smart goals against us and Liam Gordon especially has struggled against him in the past. 

With 8 shots on target on Saturday, Clark better brush up on what to do if the ball comes at him between the posts and under the bar. However, we always seem to bring the best in opposition goalkeepers going through a bad time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Random now is your time to shine with the stats.

I'd guess I could prove Clark is the worst keeper in the league and yer man would still defend him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aberdeen are due a goal, we're due a defeat.

Both sets of fans will read too much into our 1-0 defeat, forgetting we all just dance to the math gods tunes.

C'est la vie.

Aberdeen are going to hit four past someone post-split, simply due to regression. Gonna be an exceptional day for takes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Our 3rd trip to Perth this season and everything points to a St Johnstone win even though they are yet to beat us this season.

St Johnstone record in the last 13 games: Won 9 Draw 2 Lost 2  - They have lost only narrowly to Rangers/Celtic and draws with Aberdeen and Hamilton.  Last 6 games: Won 5 Draw 1

Aberdeen record in the last 13 games: Won 3 Draw 4 Lost 6 - Scoring a massive 2 goals in the last 11 games. Last 6 games: Wins 2 Draw 1 Lost 3 

 

 

Edited by betting competition
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

If you list those out you might find a flaw in this logic.

The fact that there's been a 0-0 and a 1-0 Aberdeen you mean?  Doesn't that make it even more likely that this is 1-0 Saints to complete the set of low scoring drab encounters?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, betting competition said:

Our 3rd trip to Perth this season and everything points to a St Johnstone win:

St Johnstone record in the last 13 games: Won 9 Drawn 2 Lost 2  - They have lost only to narrowly to Rangers and Celtic and draws to Aberdeen and Hamilton.  Last 6 games: Won 5 drawn 1)

Aberdeen record in the last 13 games: Won 3 Drawn 4 Lost 6 - Scoring a massive 2 goals in the last 11 games. Last 6 games: Wins 2 Draw 1 Lost 3 

 

To be fair, only scoring 2 goals in 11, yet still avoiding defeat in over half of your last 13 is pretty good going.  Suggests we might not score that many. 1-0 Saints.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...